Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Book format question

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anny (new)

Anny Borg (annyborg) | 2 comments A friend of mine added a book she owns and the format confused her, so she turned to me but I'm unsure as well. She described it as a dust cover glued to the spine with no cover underneath the dust cover. Does anyone know what that's called?

message 2: by lethe (last edited Dec 27, 2017 05:15AM) (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Sounds like a paperback?

She probably means it has French flaps:

"The one format no one ever forgets is known as "French flaps", a paperback edition with folded flyleafs." (

See here for an image.

message 3: by Anny (new)

Anny Borg (annyborg) | 2 comments The material is thinner and more like a dust cover and less like a paperback cover.

back to top