What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Apocalypse Troll
This topic is about The Apocalypse Troll
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction book where injured alien crashes into sea and is rescued by lone sailor. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin (dustpond) | 3 comments Aliens are in a space battle close to earth. Earth is oblivious. Alien female enhanced ‘warrior’ is injured and crashes into sea on Earth. She is rescued by a lone sailor who is a retired naval officer and he nurses her back to health. This book was on fictionwise years ago. The plot goes on from there. I think there is a threat to Earth.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 27, 2017 07:51AM) (new)

Kris | 33431 comments Mod
Martin, around what year did you read this book? This might help narrow down the search.

What's the location on Earth - country, region, big city/small town?

Is there romance in the story?

message 3: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin (dustpond) | 3 comments Hello Chris the location is Earth. There is only very slight romance. I read it about 12 years ago. It would be based in the ocean near the US and the main character was a retired US naval officer. I thought the author might be Mike Resnick but don’t think it is.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33431 comments Mod
Author Mike Resnick - mentioned by the OP (original poster)

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 475 comments Sounds like The Apocalypse Troll by David Weber.

One detail that might jog your memory: the injured pilot is actually human, but she has an alien symbiotic inside her that augments her abilities. When the sailor rescues her she’s in a coma and the symbiote needs a huge amount of food to heal her.

message 6: by Martin (new) - added it

Martin (dustpond) | 3 comments That’s it Peter. Brilliant- many thanks. Martin

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Apocalypse Troll (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mike Resnick (other topics)