The Idiot by Dostoevsky discussion

Pivnaya Hangouts > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (last edited Dec 26, 2017 07:38PM) (new)

Tracy Marks (tracymar) | 127 comments Mod
Some of us know each other already from LitnLife, but let's introduce or re-introduce ourselves here anyway, and share our interest in Dostoyevsky, The Idiot and/or Russian literature.

Also, please let us know if you've read the book, seen the film and/or are familiar with the story. We have to decide how stringent we will be about our "no spoilers" rule and making sure that we don't refer to anything later in the novel in our chapter discussion threads.

message 2: by Tracy (new)

To those who joined from LitnLife - I'm organizing several local meetings to discuss The Idiot here in the Arlington/Lexington Massachusetts area and inviting some local people to join us who may or may not participate here but will read some of the posts.

If you are one of those new invitees, please do feel free to participate and also introduce yourself here.

message 3: by Haaze (new)

Haaze | 15 comments Ah, a long way from California..... :(

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Right, I really didn't think anyone here was from Massachusetts. But we have a few members I'm not familiar with, so you never know.

Though I rarely attend webinars, there were two I was very interested in this year, and they both happened to be tonight, one after another (one was the introduction to Jean Bolen's workshop series on Gods and Goddesses in Every Man and Woman). Maybe at some point we can have book discussions via webinars or live chats.