2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Ju aiming for 101+ in 2018!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Not sure how this will go, but I finished my degree in 2017 and am hoping that I get a chance to read more for pleasure in 2018.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ju wrote: "Not sure how this will go, but I finished my degree in 2017 and am hoping that I get a chance to read more for pleasure in 2018."

Impressive goal nonetheless Ju! Wishing you the best of luck with it & of course happy reading! May you find some amazing reads along the way!

message 3: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Best of luck in the coming year!

message 4: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Thank you Susy and Blagica!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments Congratulations on your degree, Ju! And hopefully 2018 will provide you with more time for fun reading :)

Best of luck with your goal in 2018. I hope you have a great year!

message 6: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Lisa wrote: "Congratulations on your degree, Ju! And hopefully 2018 will provide you with more time for fun reading :)

Best of luck with your goal in 2018. I hope you have a great year!"

Thank you so much!

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments You are doing great keep it up!

message 8: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Blagica wrote: "You are doing great keep it up!"
Thank you so much!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 10: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Blagica wrote: "Hoping March is a smashing success for you."
So far not so much - I just started working as a midwife for the first time, the transition is steep! But I'm loving it, which is something.

message 11: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Ju wrote: "I just started working as a midwife for the first time, the transition is steep! But I'm loving it, which is something. "

Cool, congratulations on your new job Ju!

message 12: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Susy wrote: "Ju wrote: "I just started working as a midwife for the first time, the transition is steep! But I'm loving it, which is something. "

Cool, congratulations on your new job Ju!"

Thank you so much! It's equal parts exciting, validating and terrifying! But I've worked hard to get here, so it's wonderful to actually put my training into practice.

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 14: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Blagica wrote: "Do you have a stand out book so far this year?"

A few five star books - I finished the Nightrunner series by Lynn Flewelling which was very satisfying. I also continued with Alis Franklin's Wyrd series, an excellent follow up. Plus, I love Holly Black's 'Coldest Girl in Coldtown' - but I've just started my new job as a midwife and with the huge learning curve and other stresses going on I've done barely any reading in the past month or so. I'm currently comfort reading more Tansy Rayner Roberts fiction - Mocklore books.

message 15: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments =)

message 16: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12014 comments April Showers bring May flowers I hope May brings lots of great reads and sunshine! Good luck with the new job!