What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-Fi Novel book series about a woman with robot friend/assistant. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (thewisezack) | 5 comments I'm trying to remember the name of a sci fi book series about a woman who was in some sort of intergalactic fleet and had a robot friend/assistant, presumably in the (somewhat?) distant future.. One of the books involved the woman being captured by whoever the enemy was and separated from the robot. The book is probably no more than 20-30 years old but I do not know for sure.

Thank you all for your help!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5006 comments Do you remember the cover?
Where did the majority of the story take place: Mars, Earth, a fictional planet?

Can you describe more about the characters? Was the robot look human or more "robotic?" Was the woman from Earth or somewhere else?

What other events happened in the book(s)?

message 3: by Sherry (last edited Dec 31, 2017 10:55AM) (new)

Sherry | 80 comments Is it Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey?

message 4: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (thewisezack) | 5 comments Tab wrote: "Do you remember the cover?
Where did the majority of the story take place: Mars, Earth, a fictional planet?

Can you describe more about the characters? Was the robot look human or more "robotic?" ..."

Pretty sure most of it happened in space or a fictional locale. But I'm not 100% sure. The woman was from earth. The robot was more robotic. I'm afraid I do not recall much else.

The author's last name must have began with an R, S or T because it was near the Star Wars books at the bookstore. (Star Wars books were grouped together under "S" regardless of author)

message 5: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (thewisezack) | 5 comments Sherry wrote: "Is it Warrior's Woman by Johanna Lindsey?"

No, I'm afraid not. Thank you, though!

message 6: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (thewisezack) | 5 comments @anisha Yes, I am.

message 7: by Marisa (last edited May 03, 2020 03:49PM) (new)

Marisa (marisasorenson) | 227 comments On Basilisk Station maybe? She doesn't have a robot friend in this one but she has a companion of some kind

message 8: by Kris (last edited May 03, 2020 03:58PM) (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Zachary, how does the robot help her? What does it look like?

What is the woman's job (e.g., captain, soldier, medical or science officer)?

message 9: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (thewisezack) | 5 comments Marisa! This is it! Thank you!!1