Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Incorrect page count (low)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane (slywy) | 5 comments Regarding:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Northanger Abbey and Persuasion: The Oxford Illustrated Jane Austen Volume V (Hardcover)
Published November 17th 1988 by Oxford University Press, USA
Hardcover, 348 pages
Author(s): Jane Austen, Robert William Chapman (Editor)
ISBN: 0192547054 (ISBN13: 9780192547057)
Edition language:English
Average rating: 4.14 (71 ratings)
less detail

The Northanger Abbey portion is 353 pages. It shows me as 72 percent or so done although I haven’t read Persuasion, which is longer. One site shows this edition as 624 pages. It’s definitely not 348. Can this be fixed?

message 2: by Empress (last edited Dec 26, 2017 05:40AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Hi Diana,

Worldcat advises the page counts as 252 pages, 333 pages which totals at 585. Could you advise where the 39 page difference is coming from? (Or what kind of content you have on the additional 39 pages?)

Also please note when we request an ISBN confirmation that should come from the book in your hand not being copied from the GR book page. This is so to avoid updating the wrong edition. Sometimes the ISBN difference is minor and not noticeable and sometimes readers just don't care if the book record is actually their edition. I have checked the edition with ISBN 9780192547057 on worldcat, but I also need you to confirm for me the ISBN from your edition as well as the cover and the publishing year to ensure this is the correct record.

P.S. Working Link https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Diane (last edited Dec 26, 2017 06:38AM) (new)

Diane (slywy) | 5 comments I don’t know where the difference is coming from, although it seems to be blank pages and illustrations. (e.g., p. 253 of Northanger Abbey is an illustration). The link I have above is for the ISBN and year of publication of what I have in my hand – I search by ISBN I have and look at the year (0192547054, 1988). I just wanted it corrected to a semblance of what it is vs. the original, which was far too few pages.

message 4: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Can you advise on what page does the second novel ends?

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane (slywy) | 5 comments 333—general index.

message 6: by Empress (last edited Dec 26, 2017 07:57AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) I can leave it at 585 in that case or is the index up until 624?

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane (slywy) | 5 comments 585 is good. Thank you.