Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Page # changes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Revrend (new)

Revrend Sunshine (revrendsunshine) | 4 comments To Hold the Bridge so this book was the first one on this website in like 80 books that was pretty damn close to the right number of pages... not sure why that is so difficult to find but then as of today it has changed from 420 (actually 400) to 204? really why? it was only 20 pages off now it is nearly 200 pages off how hard is this?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42057 comments Mod
Please include ISBN with all page numbering requests, even when linking to the book.

The only formats for which book-in-hand does not trump publisher/Amazon/etc. data are ebooks. User settings, precise model of ereader, and other variables can mean that the same book on your ereader and mine have different page counts. Therefore, for ebooks (including Kindle editions), the page number should come from the publisher (as was just done in this case).

message 3: by Revrend (new)

Revrend Sunshine (revrendsunshine) | 4 comments thank you but that does not explain why it changed suddenly to 204 with no warning. also i did include the link to the book which when i was writing the comment did include isbn number but when published was just a link... sorry about that.

message 4: by Revrend (new)

Revrend Sunshine (revrendsunshine) | 4 comments And yet again this same book has now changed to 207 pages... why does this keep happening... I can assure you that I own the book and it has not changed how many pages it has in it...

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Change reverted, and this time I left a Librarian Note.

message 6: by Revrend (new)

Revrend Sunshine (revrendsunshine) | 4 comments Thank you again, sorry just noticed it come up again.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

No need to apologize.