Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Challenges > Series Complete Challenge

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Selena (last edited Jan 10, 2018 07:08PM) (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2022 comments Mod
For this challenge, your goal is to finish as many series as you can in 2018! You don't need to have started the series in 2018, but it doesn't count if you haven't actually finished the series (so don't go counting that re-read of volume 28, and only 28).

Sequel series count as a separate series. :)

Please only count the final volume to the challenge.

Bonus: The person who finishes the most series this year will get to choose a Shoujo manga series to be a group read for March-April 2019! :) No voting, just their choice.

Make sure to enter the challenge!

message 2: by Selena (last edited Nov 10, 2018 07:10PM) (new)

Challenge hasn't started yet, but I'm planning to try and complete 5 series this year. Not very ambitious, but most of the stuff I'm reading is currently ongoing. :)

1. Cat Paradise 5 (Cat Paradise, #5) by Yuji Iwahara 2. Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 25 by Julietta Suzuki 3. Honey So Sweet, Vol. 8 by Amu Meguro (目黒あむ) 4. Tokyo Ghoul, Vol. 14 (Tokyo Ghoul, #14) by Sui Ishida 5. Say I Love You., Vol. 18 by Kanae Hazuki

And some extras
Servant x Service Omnibus, Vol. 2 (Servant x Service, #3-4) by Karino Takatsu My Love Story!!, Vol. 13 by Kazune Kawahara Zodiac P.I., Vol. 4 (Zodiac P.I., #4) by Natsumi Ando Handa-kun, Vol. 7 by Satsuki Yoshino

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 25 comments Same here. It seems like everything I’m reading is ongoing. Usually I will wait 6 months just so I can binge read in one weekend. In my area I’m a guru of anime and manga. 😹

message 4: by Selena (new)

Challenge has started. Go nuts, guys. :)

message 5: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (maopyon) | 7 comments Does oneshots count? Although I don't think have any on hold at the moment. 😅 My goal is 20 series. Hopefully, that'll reduce my to-read shelf a bit.

1. That Wolf-Boy is Mine! Vol. 4 by Yoko Nogiri

message 6: by Selena (new)

I'm going to say "no" on One-shots. They aren't series by definition. :)

Now if it's an entire series published as one omnibus (because there are some 3-4 volume series that have been published State-side that way), that's perfectly fine.

message 7: by Keely (last edited Nov 13, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 26 comments So, I didn't see this discussion for the challenge until now....

I plan to complete 10 series this year. Most of the manga I am reading are still going, but I try to read some series that are already completed.

12/10

1. Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 28 by CLAMP 2. Blood-C, Vol. 04 (Blood-C, #4) by CLAMP 3. Hellsing, Vol. 10 (Hellsing, #10) by Kohta Hirano 4. Cardcaptor Sakura Master of the Clow, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #12) by CLAMP 5. King's Game, Tome 5 (King's Game, #5) by Nobuaki Kanazawa 6. Wolfsmund, Vol 8 by Mitsuhisa Kuji 7. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 20 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #20) by Nagaru Tanigawa
8. xxxHolic, Vol. 19 (xxxHOLiC, #19) by CLAMP 9. エルフェンリート 12 Elfen Lied 12  by Lynn Okamoto 10. Wild Ones, Vol. 10 (Wild Ones, #10) by Kiyo Fujiwara 11. Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05 by Wataru Yoshizumi 12. アイアムアヒーロー, Vol. 22 (I Am a Hero, #22) by Kengo Hanazawa

message 8: by Lizzie (last edited Sep 26, 2018 08:49PM) (new)

Lizzie (maopyon) | 7 comments Completed so far:

1-10
That Wolf-Boy is Mine! Vol. 4 by Yoko Nogiri Until the Full Moon 2 by Sanami Matoh @Full Moon, Vol. 2 by Sanami Matoh Peach Heaven Vol. 13 by Mari Yoshino Say I Love You., Vol. 18 by Kanae Hazuki SP Baby, Vol. 2 by Maki Enjoji Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 25 by Julietta Suzuki Bloody Mary, Vol. 10 by Akaza Samamiya The Lion and the Bride Vol. 3 by Mika Sakurano I'm in Love and It's the End of the World Vol. 5 by Taamo

11-12
Itazura Na Kiss, Volume 12 by Kaoru Tada Black Bird, Vol. 18 by Kanoko Sakurakouji (桜小路かのこ)

message 9: by Selena (new)

Lizzie wrote: "Now I don't know what to read next. Lol. "

What kind of series do you like? :) Maybe I can think of a good one for you

message 10: by Cindy III (last edited Mar 30, 2018 10:42PM) (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Series Complete Challenge
January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
0/8

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Keely (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 26 comments Life has gotten in the way of my manga reading lately. I usually read some before bed and usually manage a few chapters, but lately I've barely finished 1 chapter before falling asleep.

In terms of what I'm reading at the moment, I'm about halfway through The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and I started History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi as a longer project (its almost 600 chapters long) and unless it gets really interesting and I end up reading 10 chapters every time, I'm unsure whether I'll finish it this year.

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Hmm. Tough one,as I've finished most of the series I read that can be. I'll start aiming for 3.

1. 2. 3.

message 13: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie (maopyon) | 7 comments Well, I haven't been in the main site for a while. Lol Good thing Kindle automatically adds title I'm reading/read and I can add tags trough the app.

Anyways, here are my updates. I almost reach my goal~

13-19
Otome Mania!! Vol. 2 by Yurino Tsukigase Real Girl Vol. 12 by Mao Nanami Kenka Bancho Otome Love's Battle Royale, Vol. 1 by Chie Shimada Let's Dance a Waltz Vol. 3 by Natsumi Ando THE TROUBLE WITH MY BOSS Vol. 4 by Mika Sakurano Love's Reach Vol. 10 by Rin Mikimoto LOVE BEYOND TIME Vol. 2 by Soya Himawari

message 14: by Selena (new)

Getting into the final stretch for the Series Complete Challenge! Let's make that final push and complete all our challenges! :D

message 15: by Keely (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 26 comments I completed my challenge, but that doesn't mean I'm finished yet. I will finish one more series before the end of the year and I might finish another one or two.

Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson (wickedshizuku) | 25 comments Sorry guys life threw me a helluva curve ball. I’m finally going back to university. 🥳🥳🥳
It’s just two classes, but I’m thrilled. My classes consist of Western Civ2 & American Government. Usually stuff that everyone waits till the very last semester to take, not me. Thus, I haven’t had any time for even normal reading.
Returning to university at 34 years old is so vastly different than my 1st attempt. For example, it seems to easy than compared to my own thorough self studies of the last 12-14 years. I was dreading it, and still have fits of anxiety. Mostly due to the noise and driving.
My daughter told me that Princess Celestia orders me to go make friends, but I have no baby dragon. 🤔🤔🤔
I was able to catch up on One Piece & saw that a new season of Fairy Tail came out so I’m looking forward to watching it over Thanksgiving Break. If anyone can throw me a few recommendations for any historical manga of around the time of ww1 or right before, I would be so ever so grateful.(by the way, I have already read Rurouni Kenshin, if that helps.)
Lots of love.
shizuku

message 17: by Keely (new)

Keely (kiwifruit192) | 26 comments It's good to hear that you are doing something you really want to do. I've been considering going back to university to further my education, but I worry that I'll still be jobless at the end and just even more in debt.

Wolfsmund, Volume 1 was historical however, I don't think it was around WW1... upon a quick search, it was based around the 1300's. It was also a very gruesome manga... which I'm not sure if you would be interested in or not.

I would also be interested in historical manga of around WW1 or even WW2.