This topic is about V for Vendetta
Archives > V for Vendetta, by Alan Moore

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1094 comments V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

GR summary:
"Remember, remember the fifth of November..."

A frightening and powerful tale of the loss of freedom and identity in a chillingly believable totalitarian world, V for Vendetta stands as one of the highest achievements of the comics medium and a defining work for creators Alan Moore and David Lloyd.

Set in an imagined future England that has given itself over to fascism, this groundbreaking story captures both the suffocating nature of life in an authoritarian police state and the redemptive power of the human spirit which rebels against it. Crafted with sterling clarity and intelligence, V for Vendetta brings an unequaled depth of characterization and verisimilitude to its unflinching account of oppression and resistance.

I read this for my 2017 Topic Discard Challenge, about a person with a disability. I love this story. There is so much hope buried in this story, underneath a lot of government tyranny. The illustrations are wonderful. More has created another wonderful world.

4/5

message 2: by Adam (new) - added it

Adam Smith (chaos624) | 1158 comments Reading this for Non-Traditional Format.

I've been meaning to get around to it for awhile now, but considering how long it took to get through Watchmen kind of put me off the notion.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.