What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. teens get teleported to another dimension

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments I'm not sure if I'm mixing up books here, but let me try to remember.

A group of teens decides to meet each other on the beach. One of the teens is a mysterious girl. I can't remember if any of them know it or not, but she has strange powers. I think they're about to be attacked by some force or creature, but they're transported by the girl at the least second to another dimension.

Here's the part where my memory gets fuzzy and I may be combining books, but it's been around 15 years, so please bear with me.

They receive powers or something like that to defend themselves while in the alternate world. After a while, they go back to their normal world, but the shadow creatures or whatever follow them, and they have to hide from them. I think they go through a park (or even New York's Central Park).

Again, I may be combining two different books about teens being teleported to an alternate dimension and then returning. If that's so, and you can tell me if either scenario sounds familiar, please tell me about either book so that I may read it.

Thank you very much!

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 283 comments So You Want to Be a Wizard (Young Wizards, #1) by Diane Duane has travel to another dimension, powers, and central park. This isn't your book, but if you're mixing two books it might be one of them.

message 3: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments Cupcakedoll wrote: "So You Want to Be a Wizard (Young Wizards, #1) by Diane Duane has travel to another dimension, powers, and central park. This isn't your book, but if you're mixing two books it might be one of them."

Nope, that isn't the one. Thanks anyway, though.

message 4: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 26 comments Reminds me a little of Escape to Witch Mountain.

message 5: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments A little, I guess.

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4893 comments Doesn't quite fit, but So This is How it Ends So This is How it Ends (Avatars, #1) by Tui T. Sutherland

Do you remember the cover?

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments Unfortunately, I don't remember that.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Adam, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments I've sorta given up on it, since it seems so obscure that I don't think it's going to be found.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
We usually encourage people to keep looking, because you never know when someone might suddenly recognize your book.

However if you have no interest in finding it (but it sounds like you do), we can move this to Abandoned at your request.

message 11: by Adam (new)

Adam Reese | 6 comments Yeah, it was a long shot in the first place. I will never say never and keep an eye out, but for the purposes of this thread, feel free to change it to abandoned.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33522 comments Mod
Moving to the "Query abandoned by poster" folder. Let us know if you change your mind.