The Reading Challenge Group discussion

Personal Challenges - 2018 > Nan's 2018 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments In 2018, I hope to read 140 books. Of these, I want to read at least 40 books that I own or have in my possession. I also hope to read 30 e-books on my Kindle and/or Nook. Another 20 books will be from ARC/giveaways.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 422 comments Nancy wrote: "In 2018, I hope to read 140 books. Of these, I want to read at least 40 books that I own or have in my possession. I also hope to read 30 e-books on my Kindle and/or Nook. Another 20 books will be ..."

Impressive goal Nancy! Wishing you the best of luck with it & happy reading!!

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 422 comments Nancy wrote: "In 2018, I hope to read 140 books. Of these, I want to read at least 40 books that I own or have in my possession. I also hope to read 30 e-books on my Kindle and/or Nook. Another 20 books will be ..."

Impressive goal Nancy! Wishing you the best of luck with it & happy reading!!

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments Thanks, Suzy. Now if I can only do it. I have been spending the last couple days, albeit intermittently (an hour here, an hour there), rearranging my books so I can see all the titles again. My husband has been building me new bookshelves and I hope to read most of my books through my own library of unread books. I think it is entirely possible IF I don't hit the library. Yeah, right! I volunteer there.

message 5: by Rosemarie, Obsessive Reader (new)

Rosemarie | 3805 comments Mod
Nancy, good luck on your challenge. I have been doing the same thing as you-rearranging my book shelves so that I know which books I own.

Unfortunately, I live dangerously close to a library!

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments Me too. A block away. I certainly understand where you are coming from (probably the library).

message 7: by Susy (last edited Dec 26, 2017 09:17PM) (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 422 comments Nancy wrote: "Thanks, Suzy. Now if I can only do it.... I think it is entirely possible IF I don't hit the library. Yeah, right! I volunteer there."

Lol, wishing you a lot of strength in that case!

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of January, I have read 7 of 140 books (not the greatest of beginnings, but now that I have shelves arranged and de-cluttering basically completed, I should be back to reading except for those commitments of inputting a manuscript from hand into a word processing program).

Statistics:
7/140 books
1/20 ARC/giveaways
1/30 e-books
4/40 books owned
3 library books

Some books counted twice as they fit into several categories.

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of February, I have read 13 of 140 books (another poor month of reading with only the excuse of continued manuscript typing and a stained glass project--my first).

Statistics:
13/140 books
2/20 ARC/giveaways
2/30 e-books
7/40 books owned
2 library books

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of March, I have read 26 of 140 books (of course some of them were poetry books).

Statistics:
26/140 books
4/20 ARC/giveaways
4/30 e-books
15/40 books owned
7 library books

Some of the library books were e-books and were included in the e-book and library book category.

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of April, I have read 40 of 140 books not including a short story and novella.

Statistics:
40/140
7/20 ARC/giveaways
13/30 e-books
25/40 books owned
2 library books

Total library books: 12 books so far

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of May, I have read 48 of 140 books not including a short story and novella.

Statistics:
48/140
8/20 ARC/giveaways
18/30 e-books*
30/40 books owned *
3 library books

Total library books: 15 books so far
* Some of the books can be categorized in various categories (like e-books which are also library books).

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of June, I have read 56 of 140 books not including a short story and novella.

Statistics:
56/140
9/20 AC/giveaways
22/30 e-books*
33/40 books owned*
2 library books

Total library books: 17 books so far
* Some of the books can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are also library books).

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of July, I have read 62 of 140 books not including a short story and novella.

Statistics:
62/140
9/20 ARC/giveaways
24/30 e-books*
37/40 books owned*
2 library books

Total library books: 19 books so far
*Some of the books can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are also library books).

message 15: by Nancy (last edited Oct 03, 2018 01:30PM) (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of August, I have read 74 of 140 books, which doesn't include a short story and a novella.

Statistics:
74/140
10/20 ARC/giveaways
30/30 e-books*
40/40 books owned*
1 library book

Total library books: 20 books so far
* Some of the books can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are also library books).

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of September, I have read 83 of 140 books, which doesn't include a short story and a novella.

Statistics:
83/140
11/20 ARC/giveaways
37/30 e-books*
43/40 books owned *
5 library books

Total library books: 25 books so far
* Some of the books can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are obtained through the library).

message 17: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of October, I have read 88 of 140 books, which doesn't include three short stories and a novella.

Statistics:
88/140
13/20 ARC/giveaways
42/30 e-books*
49/40 books owned*
1 library book

Total library books: 26 books so far
* Some of the books (and short stories) can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are obtained through the library).

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments As of the end of November, I have read 95 of 140 books, which doesn't include short stories, novellas, and continuing education articles.

Statistics:
95/140
13/20 ARC/giveaways
44/30 e-books*
51/40 books owned*
5 library books

Total library books: 31 books so far
* Some of the books can be categorized into various categories (like e-books which are obtained through the library).

message 19: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 436 comments Good job

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brady (minesayn) | 137 comments Thanks, Sonya. I hope I get to 140, but I doubt it considering the time left. On the other hand, it is the enjoyment of the books I am reading that matters.

message 21: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 436 comments Yes