2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Barb's A - Z Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 10 comments I think it will be fun to find books that start with a different letter of the alphabet. Haven't decided yet if I'll try to do them in alphabetical order or just randomly.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your challenge Barbara & a very happy New (reading) Year!

Have you decided yet if you'll be reading them in order or randomly?

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 10 comments Guess I'll read them randomly. Started with S. I read The Stranger in the Woods. It was interesting because it was a true story. I wanted to be sympathetic to the main character but he broke the law many times so it was hard.

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Wishing you the best of luck with your goal this year.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 10 comments In Order to Live - excellent book!!!! Hard to believe that people who live so close to a modern, thriving nation are starving and dying because of their megalomaniac leader. Admire the courage and determination of the author to not only survive, but to thrive! Bravo!

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 10 comments The Rooster Bar by John Grisham was not one of his better efforts. The main characters were completely unsympathetic, the premise was weird and it was poorly written. In my opinion. I forced myself to finish it, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 10 comments Without a Word by Jill Kelly was an inspiring book of love, sadness, hope and the saving grace of Jesus Christ. It is the true story of the football great Jim Kelly, his wife Jill, and their family. Their only son, Hunter, was born with a life-threatening disease and led them to discover much more than football, material things and even life here on earth. Truly moving story.

message 8: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments Awesome job so far!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments You are doing great! Hoping March is a smashing success for you.

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. I hope that April brings you many more five star reads. Do you have a stand out book so far this year?

message 11: by Barbara (last edited Jun 27, 2018 06:12PM) (new)

Barbara | 10 comments A - 1, The All Girl Filling Station Last Reunion
2. American Fire
B - Back When We Were Grownups
C - Charlatans
D -The Dead Zone
E - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
F - Firefly Lane
G - The Girl With No Name
H - Half-broke Horses
I - 1.In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom
2. I'll Be Seeing You
J - Just Mercy
K - Killers of the Flower Moon
L - Lilac Girls
M - My Sister's Secret
N - Number the Stars
O - On Mystic Lake
Orientation (more like a pamphlet, but it's listed as a book, so hey!)
P - Peter Pan
R- The Rooster Bar
S - 1. Small Great Things
2. - The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the
Last True Hermit
3. The Silent Wife
T - Toxin
U - Under the Banner of Heaven
V - Vanishing Acts
W - 1. Without a Word: How one boy's unspoken love changed everything
2. When Breath Becomes Air
3. When Shovels Break
X - X by Sue Grafton
Y - The Year of Magical Thinking
Z - Zipped

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11916 comments You are doing great! I hope May is a fantastic month filled with books and sunshine!