The Book Vipers discussion

2018 Reading Intentions > Jason's 2018 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments I'm not taking part in the goodreads reading challenge for 2018, way too stressful trying to keep up. So I'm gonna focus on the BV monthly reads and also keep up the momentum of Paul's armchair challenge.

3 books on my have to read this year are:

The Brothers Karamazov
The Kill the second book in that series
Walking the Himalayas

I've got about 15 books at home to read, gonna try and get them done too.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
I will be setting the same as last year. Walking The Himalayas is really good. Did you get to meet him?

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments That's in February. Doubt I'll meet him, depends how busy it is, as it is a school night I can't hang around too long as my daughter won't be able to wake up in the morning.

I got a bit fed up with the Goodreads challenge this year, set 150 books and have just kept on target. just!

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul (halfmanhalfbook) | 5462 comments Mod
Ah right. You probably will be able to, they normally stay around for signings. Set it really low and just use it as a tracker.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments good plan....one book it is. haha

message 6: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1372 comments One book a year. Great plan.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments The Brothers Karamazov has been read, that's that one ticket off. :-)

message 8: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 274 comments Jason you're going for too many books, why not start with 1 and then you say aha, I've read one. I'm changing it to TWO!

message 9: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1372 comments Great. Ahead of your years plan

message 10: by Toyah (new)

Toyah (rockabillybibiliophile) | 275 comments Good going Jason! :D

message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments Jazzy wrote: "Jason you're going for too many books, why not start with 1 and then you say aha, I've read one. I'm changing it to TWO!"

That would imply I could count.

Thanks Pat and Toyah.

message 12: by Pat (new)

Pat Morris-jones | 1372 comments Of course