You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Off Topic Chat > I'll Take Door Number One, please Dick

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Dec 23, 2017 09:12AM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47999 comments Which door would you open, and why?

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47999 comments I might have to think about it for awhile. In my misbegotten youth, the mushroom kingdom was an interesting trip. But, I'm older and hopefully wiser, and I'd be more prone for middle earth (after the fall of Mordor). Mind you, I'm curious about Dumbledoor.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9300 comments Oh, hard one. I think if I have to choose only one, I will go with Middle Earth door. BUT if one of the option would have been Dorothy's house in Kansas just before the Hurricane, I would probably go for it.

Saar The Book owl | 1715 comments I'll go for Westeros and then I would try to steel Danarys' dragons, but I'm sure that I'll get burned by them.

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47999 comments They need write in answers on this meme. You can add Dorothy's house, Winnie the Poo's honey hole... you're only limited by your imagination.

message 6: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18170 comments I'm torn between Westeros and Middle Earth. If the world Sarah tumbled in to in The Labyrinth was an option, I'd go there. To go find the Goblin King. And meet Hoggle and Ludo.

message 7: by Almeta (last edited Dec 23, 2017 01:34PM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10089 comments This will be no surprise to anyone....

Definitely I'd choose 221B Baker Street!☺

message 8: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47999 comments I'm sure you'll be joined by Cherie.

message 9: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments Probably Tardis

message 10: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14868 comments I think I'd go for Middle Earth too. Dumbledoor has me curious though!

message 11: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9616 comments No brainer for me! Howarts - love the place :-D

message 12: by Lisa (last edited Dec 23, 2017 04:01PM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments The Tardis because then I could go back in time and witness many of the great, important or weird events that have occurred throughout the whole of history. And maybe battle an alien or two along the way...

message 13: by Roz (new)

Roz | 3569 comments I haven’t been to Westeros in a long time so I’d open that door. I’ve planned a visit to Hogwarts this year.

message 14: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19794 comments I don't know... I think I would really like to have the door from the turbo lift that opens onto the Enterprise bridge.

message 15: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47999 comments That's a great suggestion, Cherie.

message 16: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19794 comments If my choices are only from the suggestions shown though (which I could not see on my iPod), it would definitely be 221B Baker Street. I would be right there trying to elbow Almeta out of the way to get in first!

message 17: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10089 comments Cherie wrote: "If my choices are only from the suggestions shown though (which I could not see on my iPod), it would definitely be 221B Baker Street. I would be right there trying to elbow Almeta out of the way to get in first! "

Baker Street Irregulars!☺

message 18: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Mariab wrote: "Probably Tardis"

Me too

message 19: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Tardis because being a fan of Doctor Who, I can't resist a British police call box that is actually a time/space travel machine : )

message 20: by Lusie (new)

Lusie (illusie) I'd go for Hogwarts because it is an amazing place.

message 21: by Marie Claude (new)

Marie Claude (mariecg2001) | 968 comments Tardis! This one allows to go anywhere and anywhen! What more to ask. And I would make sure that the guy behind the door is David Tennant's Doctor ;o)

message 22: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4224 comments i'm torn between Tardis and Middle Earth. Pretty sure Middle Earth would win.

message 23: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 2355 comments I'd go to Camelot. We could use a return to Camelot here in the states.

message 24: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Hmm, good point, Jayme.

message 25: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments And yet, still the Tardis calls to me so strongly because I find the idea of time travel so irresistible.

message 26: by KimeyDiann (new)

KimeyDiann | 2174 comments I think I'd have to go to Hogwarts. But I'd really want to no longer be a muggle when I got there!