Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Bone Prophet
This topic is about The Bone Prophet
Book Issues > Incorrect edition name & cover? 9781405910309

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Koffer | 6 comments Greetings,

I am confused about this edition, because according to the copy of the book I have at home, ISBN 9781405910309 matches this edition, which is named "Prophet of Bones" and not "The Bone Prophet". The cover also does not match.

Unless it is perfectly normal to have two different names and covers for a given ISBN, I think this edition currently has incorrect information.

Thank you in advance for your help!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20176 comments Koffer wrote: "Unless it is perfectly normal to have two different names and covers for a given ISBN,"

It is not perfectly normal, but it happens quite regularly that a publisher uses the same isbn for a different cover, and sometimes even a different title.

An isbn can only be on one edition on GR. For editions that share the isbn with a different cover, we create an alternate cover edition.

Added here for isbn13 9781405910309, with cover from Amazon: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13730 comments It is possible though that the title was changed pre-publication. The cover was added pre-publication.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20176 comments lethe wrote: "It is possible though that the title was changed pre-publication. The cover was added pre-publication."

That is possible, but very difficult to prove.