Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > You Can't Kill Stephen King (2012)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (last edited Dec 22, 2017 03:26PM) (new)

Ben Jr. I remember this being severely trashed on the old IMDb message boards when it came out, but I've never seen it.
I'm sure it's probably a crap teen comedy horror, but I was just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of it on this board.
I'm sure you probably have, since it came out in 2012...but I was just asking in case no one has.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1691452/r...

message 2: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments It's a first for me, looking at it, it doesn't like any thing . I would watch

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments I think it's supposed to be a bad parody of all the Stephen King based movies.

message 4: by Dan (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 169 comments I just looked at the trailer again. It looks like a really bad Friday the 13th meets Scary Movie with Stephen King story references. Not something I'd be interested in watching.

message 5: by Ben (last edited Dec 22, 2017 04:32PM) (new)

Ben Jr. Summary

Siblings Monroe (Monroe Mann) and Hilary (Crystal Arnette) have discovered that they have inherited a lake house and to make things even better, the famous horror author Stephen King is rumored to live somewhere nearby. They decide to take their friends down to the lake house to check things out, only to find immediate resistance from all of the locals, who insist that King doesn't live in the area. Despite being completely unwelcome, they decide to stay and soon find that people are being killed one by one in a manner similar to several deaths in various Stephen King stories.

Reviews

DVD Talk
gave a mostly favorable review for the film, writing that while it wasn't "outstanding" the film was overall enjoyable and "a well-made and good looking film" as long as viewers did not have overly high expectations. HorrorNews.net was more negative in their review, criticized the film for being neither innovative or artistic while also praising it for embracing the "obvious clichés".

message 6: by Raúl (new)

Raúl (mvraul_) | 1 comments Looks trash I'm so sorry

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2158 comments Never heard of it and I would probably never bother watching it either.