Dungeons & Dragons Experiment discussion

General > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

Quemares | 279 comments Mod
Here is where you would come to say hi and introduce yourself. I'll start:

Hello, I'm Quemares but lately, people have been calling me "Q" for short. Let's go with that. I give you all a warm welcome to the first group ever created by me.

message 2: by Bwackbewwy (new)

Bwackbewwy | 1 comments Hello, I am Bwackbewwy. I have played D&D only once before, yet I thoroughly enjoyed it.

message 3: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

Austin | 570 comments Mod
Hello, I'm Austin. I have Dmed before, in college. we are currently on winter break. but when school resumes we will resume our game. I have writers, block when it comes to making characters. They all seem to have a backstory similar to the punisher.

message 4: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Hey guys I'm kind of new to D&D since after my first game someone screwed over the shop I went to and they now refuse to allow anyone under eighteen to join D&D. So I'm a bit rusty. I know the basic rules but I hope you all will under stand if I mess up. I hope to start a fun adventure with you all but be warned my characters will be off on their own adventures for long periods of time.

message 5: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Hey anyone want to start an adventure group?

message 6: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

For now, all of you are welcome to use your characters in the Nexus without DM to roleplay as normal. Now, if you wish for a proper campaign I'm willing to be DM but first I gotta finish putting up all the information. If anyone else wants to be DM, let me know and I'll give them their own folders and threads to start making their campaign.

message 7: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Yeah just so our characters can get to know each other.

message 8: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Sure. I guess the Nexus.

message 9: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

I'm really sorry if anyone was expecting to be able to have a proper D&D campaign soon. I have been working hard on the group but I also have been really busy with the festivities and life in general. I'll try to pick up the pace so that I'll be done as soon as possible.

message 10: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Oh crap right.

message 11: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments I put my character in the tavern. Maybe it's close to the forest?

message 12: by H00DEDRIOT (new)

H00DEDRIOT (zandraga) | 24 comments Yeah I actually prefer this. It gives the characters a chance to know each other.

message 13: by Emelia (new)

Emelia  | 1 comments Congratz on your first group Q !

I have been playing D&D since I was 12..yes I am a geek/nerd lol
So awesome that there is a D&D group, and so happy to be invited!

Let the game begin !

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 123 comments Mod
Hello. I'm The Batman. I have never played D&D, but am a fan of a YouTube series called Critical Role.

message 15: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 9 comments Shade and Sweet Water to all.
I am Priscilla Sage and it's been a while since I've played DandD. Thankfully I was able to keep most of my books that are used with it. I've also played other RPGs that have the same format. I glad to see this group and hopes that it does well.

message 16: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brendabren) Hi. I'm Brenda. I've never played D&D although I've always been interested in it. I joined this group just because. Maybe I'll buy the starter set someday soon. :)

message 17: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

Welcome Brenda....and Batman, Priscilla and Emelia (sorry, I somehow missed giving you guys a welcome.)

I love that slowly but surely, more members are joining my group. It would mean the world to me if this actually worked and it would turn into a place where we can play D&D without the usual problems that is "when can we meet, where do we meet and how am I supposed to get there"

message 18: by The landmaster (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 317 comments Mod
Que tal? I'm the landmaster. I love the idea of DnD, but never actually played. I'm (more or less) familiar with the rules, and I'd like to chill with you guys and tear it up.

A little about myself, I love to read and write but don't do a lot of it anymore what with everything else I do. I do lots of hands-on combat study, going through manuals and duking it out with friends. And I'm slightly obsessed with knowledge. I just love to know more about stuff.

so yeah, thats kinda me in a nutshell.

message 19: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

Welcome, landmaster. Well, if you are more or less familiar with the rules but haven't played, then you know more than most players. At least in my experience, most players just jumped into D&D and learned through experience without reading the manual beforehand.

message 20: by Joey (new)

Joey (jwfolker) Hey guys, I'm Joey. I've never played but recently I bought a stack of older d&d mods and guides in a bookstore and they got me interested. I also just bought the 5th edition starter set and I've been reading everything on d&d I can so maybe soon I'll feel comfortable enough to play but for now I'll just watch and learn. Thanks for having me.

message 21: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master (new)

Welcome, Joey. From my experience, the best way to learn about D&D is playing. You can know what the Tarrasque is, you might know that it's trouble, but you will never know how much it really is until you face it in combat....

message 22: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

yeah I could use people for my game

message 23: by The landmaster (new)

Glad you’re taking the initiative in getting your life in order. You can’t do everything, so I don’t mind. Thanks for letting us know!

message 24: by A (new)

A | 12 comments Hi, I'm old school ..er I mean Aaron. I like the classics a.k.a. 1st Edition, Basic, Expert. Maybe that's just nostalgia talking? Anyway I've always enjoyed playing and DMing, or GMing what have you. I've run a forum game in my time too based on BRP D100 with my own custom rules, because I can never just play by the rules ;)

message 25: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

Nice to have ya aaron.

message 26: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

this page has been usd for all versions of dnd and some that are not so you are welcome to DM or join in on a running game.

message 27: by The landmaster (new)

Welcome aboard :)

message 28: by A (new)

A | 12 comments Thanks guys! I'm a bit over committed at the moment, but I may consider running an old school adventure. Though I'd like to see how the new school does things before I jump in. Do you use a dice roller or just go by the honor system?

message 29: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

At the moment we are going by the honor system

message 30: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

You are welcome to join in on my campaign. On the beaches topic. When you get the time to make charecter.

message 31: by A (new)

A | 12 comments Thanks Austin, I think for now I just want to spend a little time looking over everything you've got here. If you're using 3.5 and beyond I've got a bit of a learning curve ahead of me.

Anyhow I just invited a grip of peeps so hopefully we'll have a few more potential players.

message 32: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

awesome, yeah we unfortunately only have 3 active people here now. For most of this we are using 5e. But the Roll for shoes topic is another different RP style that I'm not too familiar with so i cannot answer questions on it. Best to message Batman if you are curious about that style. Other than that this page is used mostly to experiment with different ideas. so if you see something that doesn't seem to make sense feel free to ask.

message 33: by A (new)

A | 12 comments Great, well maybe I'll dig up a few modules and see what looks good. Although Basic and 1st Ed are totally different animals, they are D&D none the less and might serve as a primer for people totally new.

Although unless the demand is high, I will want some time (a month or two) to prep as I'm simultaneously going through some big adjustments in real life.

message 34: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

that is fine take the time you need. If I'm still around I will be willing to give it a try.

message 35: by A (new)

A | 12 comments Sounds good, I think being realistic about time is the best policy, I prefer a causal run myself (akin to the old days of email campaigns) which was actually before I got into hosting on forums.

message 36: by SevenOfNinetales (new)

SevenOfNinetales (reformedpresbypokemon) | 33 comments Hi!

message 37: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

Hello how goes it?

message 38: by SevenOfNinetales (new)

SevenOfNinetales (reformedpresbypokemon) | 33 comments pretty well!

message 39: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

unfortunately, this group is pretty dead, but I know someone who is trying to do a shadow run type of RP. If you are interested in that.

message 40: by The landmaster (new)

I still keep tabs on his group, but it’s mostly pretty dead, yeah. Did you have a specific question, or something you were looking for?

message 41: by SevenOfNinetales (new)

SevenOfNinetales (reformedpresbypokemon) | 33 comments I'm creating my own D&D group, btw. If you guys want to join.
It's called The Darkling Cove Inn.

message 42: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

yeah maybe, this group mostly exists to try out things and ask questions. Though if we get enough active people we can revive it.

message 43: by SevenOfNinetales (new)

SevenOfNinetales (reformedpresbypokemon) | 33 comments I completely understand. But at least you guys had a pretty good thing going for a while. My first experimental group is pretty much dead too, although we did do some RP. But this new one might wirk! I don't know yet tho . . . '._.

message 44: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

all you need is a few more active people and someone to be the DM.

message 45: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 36 comments Hello all. I just joined.

message 46: by The landmaster (new)

Hey, welcome! Glad to have you. Have you played dungeons and dragons before?

message 47: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 36 comments A long time ago. But I've been wanting to get back into it.

message 48: by The landmaster (new)

Awesome! Experience is by no means required, but it helps to be familiar with the concept. We have one current game running, another one about to start, and a third one just getting set up. So far as I know, all three are accepting applicants, but you’d need to check with those Dungeon Masters (referees) to be sure.

The first is fantasy
The second is sci fi
The third is TMNT

message 49: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 36 comments alright. I'll look them all through.

message 50: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

I would love to have you join my sci fi game Fangs. You could even be your girl from our RP.

« previous 1