Reading 1001 discussion

Archives > Feb 2018 BOTM results

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
This was a pretty competitive voting month. Lots of books nominated, lots of people using all 5 votes and the winning book won by 1 vote. Here are the winners:

Popular winner: To the Lighthouse. Beating out Sexing the Cherry by 1 point.
Random pick (and also a book that received a few votes): Kitchen

What do you think about our February choices? Will you be reading them?

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
I will be reading both of them. I read To the Lighthouse a while ago and can't remember too much about it so I'll read it again. And I'm very pleased with Kitchen which I've been wanting to read for a while. Thank you randomizer.

message 3: by Dree (new)

Dree | 243 comments I haven’t read either, and they’re both short! Woot woot!

I don’t even remember if I voted. Egads.

message 4: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 4108 comments Mod
I will try to read Kitchen and I probably will do a reread of To The Lighthouse. The discussion should be a good one.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Carter | 32 comments I plan to read Kitchen in February. I read To the Lighthouse in Feb/2017 and funny enough, read Sexing the Cherry in July/2017. Both are good.

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire  | 13 comments I want to read kitchen. Looks like a great book.

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 894 comments I plan to read both.

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen | 111 comments I read both fairly recently so I'll sit this one out. Great choices though!

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
Jen wrote: "I read both fairly recently so I'll sit this one out. Great choices though!"

Oh that’s too bad but hopefully that means you’ll be able to get to the TBR book and the Jan perspectives book!

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
Dree wrote: "I haven’t read either, and they’re both short! Woot woot!

I don’t even remember if I voted. Egads."

Ha, ha you did vote. Maybe even for To the Lighthouse but I can’t remember of the top of my head 😊

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1608 comments Mod
Claire wrote: "I want to read kitchen. Looks like a great book."

It does! I’m looking forward to it

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane  | 2042 comments I have read both, too, so I will focus on other books/challenges.

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 558 comments I’ll read To the Lighthouse. Kitchen is good- I like Banana Yoshimoto’s simple writing style that still says so much.

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 220 comments I've read Kitchen twice, but I think it might be due for a reread. I have To the lighthouse laying around somewhere, so I'll try to get that one read as well in February.

message 15: by Leni (new)

Leni Iversen (leniverse) | 454 comments I read Kitchen just a few months ago, so I won't be rereading it, but it's a very enjoyable book so I recommend it to those who haven't read it.

I'll join in To the Lighthouse. It's time I gave that another try. And I did vote for it.

message 16: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 349 comments I will also try to join in on To The Lighthouse!

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I’m hoping to read both! 👍

MaryAnn (EmilyD1037) | 1 comments I will be reading To The Lighthouse!

Still going to read my TBR shelves.

message 19: by Becky C (new)

Becky C Both sound very good. I'll have to see what my library has available, but I'll definitely read at least one.

message 20: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 166 comments I hated To the Lighthouse so Kitchen it is!

message 21: by Becky C (new)

Becky C Anita wrote: "I hated To the Lighthouse so Kitchen it is!"

Good to know, Anita! Maybe I'll lean towards Kitchen instead.

=D

message 22: by Anita (last edited Dec 31, 2017 11:14AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 166 comments Becky wrote: "Anita wrote: "I hated To the Lighthouse so Kitchen it is!"

=D"

Lol, I'm sorry to be so negative! But it was totally not my cup of tea. Kitchen looks pretty interesting. I just wish it was available for my e-reader, sigh.

I will note that some readers whose taste I really respect LOVED To the Lighthouse. But I was soooo bored.

message 23: by Becky C (new)

Becky C Anita wrote: "Becky wrote: "Anita wrote: "I hated To the Lighthouse so Kitchen it is!"

=D"

Lol, I'm sorry to be so negative! But it was totally n..."

Don't apologize! It's your opinion. My reading time is very limited (having three small children), so I'd rather not read something slow and boring. I wasn't particularly rooting for one or the other, so your thoughts help me decide. Which is awesome for someone as indecisive as me! ;)

Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ... | 894 comments I will try to read both.

message 25: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 282 comments I read Kitchen the first year I moved to Korea (which was about 14 years ago!) and didn’t love it. I’d reread but I don’t think I have access as an ebook.

But I haven’t read To the Lighthouse yet, so that’s my first choice.

message 26: by Sue (new)

Sue Dix | 61 comments I’m going to go for both of them.