What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

For All the Right Reasons
This topic is about For All the Right Reasons
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A romance book I read in the 90's about a redhead looking for a rare cactus flower. Her guide ends up being a guy she had dated before. The flower was called Queen of the Night or something like that. [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nina (last edited Dec 21, 2017 01:33PM) (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments The book I am looking for is a (modern?) Romance. I remember the cover had a redhead sitting on a rock with a white shirt & jeans with a man with black hair behind her.The story was about her having to travel (possibly to Texas, Arizona, Southern California, New Mexico or Mexico) & find a rare blooming flower. Her guide ended up being this guy she had dated when they were teenagers (possibly young adults). He could speak spanish & would have to translate for her. The flower she was looking for (to photograph?) was called the queen of the night or something similar. It only bloomed at night.

message 2: by Nina (last edited Dec 21, 2017 02:43PM) (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments Hoping someone can help. I have been searching for this book for years! Ha ha

message 3: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

Maybe this list can help you Nina. There are a lot of lists at Listopia if this particular one doesn't help you.

message 4: by Nina (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments ``Laurie wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

Maybe this list can help you Nina. There are a lot of lists at Listopia if this particular one doesn't help you."

It wasn't on this this but I am new to this. How do I create a list like that to see if it may pop up?

message 5: by Ayshe (last edited Dec 21, 2017 03:56PM) (new)

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35703 comments Mod
Nina wrote: "...How do I create a list like that to see if it may pop up? "

Click Browse at the top, then Lists, then Create New List (on the Listopia page).

Here's a quick link to creating a list -- https://www.goodreads.com/list/new

message 7: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Nina, at the top of the page you will see Browse listed.

Click Browse and you will see the Lists option.

Click on Lists and to the right - on top of the page you will see the option, Create a List. Click on create a list and follow the instructions on how to create a list.

It's not very difficult at all, if I can do it I'm sure everyone else can do it too :D

message 8: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments I want to add that once you click on to Listopia, look to the right and you will see a place where you can type in the type of list you're looking for.

I typed in Witches and a whole lot of options were presented.

You can either type in Witches or Young Adult Witches or anything else that helps refine your search.

message 9: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Kris wrote: "Nina wrote: "...How do I create a list like that to see if it may pop up? "

Click Browse at the top, then Lists, then Create New List (on the Listopia page).

Here's a quick link to creating a lis..."

I didn't see that you had already answered this Kris :D

message 10: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1235 comments It's worth noting that lists are filled by the creator and other members. Books don't "pop-up" automatically on a list if you create one, you have to add the books you think fit your theme. Looking through already created lists can help find books, but creating one is unlikely to do anything.

message 11: by Nina (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments Ayshe wrote: "For All the Right Reasons by Suzanne Ellison maybe?"

This sounds very familiar. I wish there was a cover! Lol. I will look this up though! You may just be right! Have you read this one?

message 12: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4270 comments Not to deter anyone from exploring listopia :) but searching the google book of For All the Right Reasons Queen of the Night cactus is mentioned: https://books.google.com/books?id=pvM...

message 13: by Nina (last edited Dec 21, 2017 04:24PM) (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments I just found it! I was able to find the image of the cover! She wasn't on a rock but I recognized it as soon as I saw it! Thank you so much! I have been looking for this book for 10 years! Ha ha
https://www.google.com/search?biw=360...

message 14: by Nina (new) - added it

Nina Marie | 21 comments And thank you ladies for telling me how to navigate with the lists. I just can't believe that after 10 years of searching (I am NOT tech savvy) it was found in a couple of hours! :)

message 15: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4270 comments Cool! (No, I haven't read it, it was in the google books search results for "queen of the night" cactus subject:fiction and it seemed likely).

I added cover from amazon to the goodreads listing now (it's not the best quality, but if someone wants and can take better scan/photo of the cover, it can be replaced by librarian).

message 16: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Nina wrote: "And thank you ladies for telling me how to navigate with the lists. I just can't believe that after 10 years of searching (I am NOT tech savvy) it was found in a couple of hours! :)"

So glad you found your book Nina :D

Have fun navigating Listopia as well - it's pretty addictive I should warn you ha!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

For All the Right Reasons (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Suzanne Ellison (other topics)