A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Game of Thrones question

Should I get the whole series or just the first book?
Nada Nada Dec 21, 2017 05:20AM
I've been wondering whether I should buy the series or not. I'm afraid of buying it and then not enjoying it so it just lies there unread. I thought of buying the first book to try it out (it would be less of a loss if I didn't like it). But then I probably wouldn't be able to get the rest of the series (Also, can't lie because I might get a discount if I buy the whole series hehe). What do you guys suggest? Also can someone tell me the order of the series and how many books they are, since google is really confusing me.

Okay, thanks for the help!

You missed the real number 4 which is A Feast for Crows :)

Sarah [tome raver] Ah you’re right about that thanks!
Dec 27, 2017 05:36AM

The series currently has five plot novels, the order of which being;
1. A Game of Thrones
2. A Clash of Kings
3. A Storm of Swords.
4. A Feast for Crows.
5. A Dance with Dragons.
This series is yet to be completed with two remaining books. The current expectation is that at the least The Winds of Winter will be released this year (2018). It is unknown when the expected final novel; A Dream of Spring will be released.
I purchased the first four novels in a box set and did not regret this decisions! The writing style is descriptive and fluent to the point it truly pulls you into George R.R. Martin's world. It's a very engaging series and worth the read (as well as the money).
If you do enjoy the novels as much as I did, there are also companion novels you can read along with the main series. As I am re-reading the series, I'm reading the novels in chronological order which would start with the side-stories of A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms - a set of short stories.
The box set is far cheaper and worth it! Also, some book store websites are cheaper than in stores.

So the order of the series is:
1. A Game of Thrones
2. A Clash of Kings
3. A Storm of Swords
4. A Dance with Dragons
(The next one (5) that should be coming out in 2020 is The Winds of Winter, there is supposed to be another one after that but that could change)

Personally, I’ve read the first book and bought the second book separately and I’m thinking along the same lines as you. I would honestly think it better to by the box set because some stores have it in for $30 so you can get a decent deal (especially since it’s close to Boxing Day)
So yeah I’ve heard they’re a really good series, I say go for it!