Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Death's White Hands (Aegis Immemorial #0.3)
This topic is about Death's White Hands
Serieses! > Help! My series is out of order!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S R (last edited Dec 21, 2017 02:13AM) (new) - added it

S R (srjones) | 12 comments Hello lovely librarians! I need some help, please!

My book series- Aegis Immemorial- is out of order, and I'm not sure if I've even managed to add the latest title properly in the first place!

My new work, 'Mari's Dance', should be #0.2, but it's not showing up in the series at all right now, and #0.2 is assigned to the short story version of 'Death's White Hands', which should be #0.3

Please can this be fixed?

'Mari's Dance' is here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The short story of 'Death's White Hands' is here:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Sorry for being a pain!!

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24775 comments Authors can't edit series at all.

I've added Mari's Dance as #0.2, switched the shortie Death's White Hands to #0.3, and added the 420 pg Death's White Hands to #1.

Please note from a reader's perspective that it is weird having a short & a full novel with the exact same name. Just saying.

I also tracked down the kindle edition of Corpserider & combined it. And added the kindle edition of Mari's Dance from amazon.

If there is anything wrong or you've thought of something else just post again :)

message 3: by S R (new) - added it

S R (srjones) | 12 comments Thanks!

And yeah, I know it's odd to have two with the same name- it was originally a short story that got extended into a novel, and I wasn't aware that I couldn't remove the short story version before the novel was finalised, and now I'm stuck with both. :/

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24775 comments You can always change the one that hasn't been published yet, as long as no ARCs have been distributed. You only need to tweak it. LOL.

Still if you really love the title name, you'll just have to watch that it doesn't get combined by a librarian by mistake. If that happens just post and another librarian will fix it.

message 5: by S R (new) - added it

S R (srjones) | 12 comments Sadly I only found out *after* the ARCs went out that I couldn't change the old one... ;)

Live and learn, I guess, but trust me when I say I'll be a lot more careful from here on in!!

And thanks- hopefully that won't happen, but if it does I'll post again.