Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.L. (new)

D.L. I had this random idea since I noticed some of us are reading the same books this coming year. Buddy reads! Basically, you can post your list of books you plan to read and anyone who wants to can be your reading/discussion buddy for one or more of the books you are planning. We can communicate via messages or if you prefer to post on an actual group, I have one we could use. Anyway, hope this helps everyone!

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 357 comments I'm not reading it this year but I have read Little House In The Big Woods 13 times, so I definitely discuss it.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (benchley1) Daph wrote: "Here's the reads I need buddies for. Do we have any in common? lol

I'm reading My Friend Dahmer, Bear and the Nightingale and Wrinkle in Time. THINKING about the Troublemaker, I've heard good things
I was planning on reading Wrinkle towards the end of Feb/start of March so it's closer to the movie. I loved this book when I was a kid, but I haven't read it since.

message 5: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Teresa wrote: "I'm not reading it this year but I have read Little House In The Big Woods 13 times, so I definitely discuss it."

Awesome! Should we discuss it via messages ??

message 6: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Here's the reads I need buddies for. Do we have any in common? lol

I'm reading My Friend Dahmer, Bear and the Nightingale and Wrinkle in Time. THINKING about the Troublemaker, I've he..."

A Wrinkle in Time at the beginning of March would be great!

Also, I'd love to discuss the others you mentioned as well. Would it work best on messages for you or via group postings?

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (benchley1) Daph wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Here's the reads I need buddies for. Do we have any in common? lol

I'm reading My Friend Dahmer, Bear and the Nightingale and Wrinkle in Time. THINKING about the Troub..."

Probably messages, since I KIND of get lost with all the posts. I never remember to check these!

message 8: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Here's the reads I need buddies for. Do we have any in common? lol

I'm reading My Friend Dahmer, Bear and the Nightingale and Wrinkle in Time. THINKING ab..."

Okay that works. I'll message you today & maybe we can set up some kind of reading schedule lol TY!

message 9: by Melissa (last edited Dec 26, 2017 04:58PM) (new)

Melissa (benchley1) Daph wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Daph wrote: "Here's the reads I need buddies for. Do we have any in common? lol

I'm reading My Friend Dahmer, Bear and the Nightingale and Wrinkle in T..."

Cool! My Friend Dahmer is kind of going to have to happen whenever my hold comes in. We only have one copy in the system, and I'm hold 2...I'm just crossing my fingers on that not getting lost/stolen!

OH! I will also, at anytime, anyplace read an Agatha Christie! Right now I'm going through the Poirot in actual order, but I'll bounce over to a Miss Marple whenever you want!

message 10: by Candace (new)

Candace (candaceloves) | 136 comments Is anyone else reading Like a Mule Bringing Ice Cream to the Sun for the female protagonist over 60 task? I'd like to buddy up with someone to read it, it's fairly short.

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin Smith | 20 comments I'm probably going to read a Miss Marple.