Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Weekly Short Story Contests > Week 17 (August 10-August 16) Story Contest DONE!!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

Caitlan (psych-enthusiast) | 2866 comments Mod
ooh that sounds like fun!

message 2: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments ;] Ha

message 3: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

wow, i gasped when he fell into the stream....i thought u were gonna kill the poor kitty!

message 4: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments I definitely love this one, Al. :]

message 5: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments I'm being entirely truthful.

message 6: by oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (last edited Aug 14, 2009 09:26AM) (new)

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) The Mystery Pond

Amanda sat by the pond. She pretty nervous and she hoped he wouldn’t be late. She had been waiting for this for a long time. Then she saw a glimmer in the pond. She turned to look but she saw nothing. Hmm, how weird, she thought. Then she saw it again and this time she knew she wasn’t imagining things. But wait, was that a person? Curiosity overtook her and she approached where the boy was. Then she saw he had his eyes closed; she couldn’t see any bubbles. Oh no! she thought and she jumped in after him. Michael will have to wait.

She struggled, pulling him out. Wow, he is pretty heavy, she thought, but there was something else keeping her in. She started to feel sleepy but she was almost there; she had to keep struggling. Then she resurfaced and all her exhaustion went away. When she finally managed to pull him out, he started sputtering water and took in a deep breathe. He looked at her and stared. Amanda was confused, yet curious. What had that boy been doing down there? It didn’t look as though he had any injuries. “Thank you,” he croaked out. “No problem,” she said, caringly. “But don’t speak now.”

“But you saved my life,” he spoke again, sitting up. Amanda was embarrassed. “Yeah, well,” she said, her cheeks turning bright pink.
"No one has ever gone in the pond and come back," the boy continued.

"W-what?" She stared into his eyes, but she couldn't see any sign that he was lying, he seemed to be saying the truth. Then a thought crossed her.

"Then how come I could get out?" she asked with narrow eyes.
It was his turn to stutter, "I-I don't know."

He looked at her again, his head tilted sideways. "Didn't you feel like you couldn't resurface, like something was pulling at you?"

Now that she thought about it, she actually had felt something. AS if someone or something didn't want her out. But she had resisted and here she was, out in fresh air, not drowning at the bottom of the pond, like that boy had been.

Then she remembered the boy. He still sat there, staring at her with the most curious expression Amanda had ever seen.
She ignored his question and instead asked another one; she barely knew him so why explain her feelings to him?

"What's your name, boy?"
To her surprise, the boy answered, "Michael."

Amanda's mouth fell open, but she quickly recovered herself. Was this boy the same Michael as in the note? The note she had recieved in class had said: Wait for Michael by the pond. She'd thought it was from the Michael in her class, the one she liked since 4th grade. But this Michael in front of her looked nothing like him. Had the note come from her destiny or was this some kind of practical joke? She had no idea.

Oh well, she thought. Guess I'll have to deal with this one.

"Come on Michael, let's get you some hot chocolate," she said, leading him to her house.

-By Rocio

message 7: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Yes! Very good! You aroused my curiosity, Rocio! ;] I hope you write more... LOL

message 8: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

MORE MORE MORE!!!

message 9: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

lol

The Evil Doctor
WC: 315

There once was a nice doctor who loved to treat patients. He was trying to find the cure for some foreign disease. Dr. Nimrod was searching in an old book labeled Ye Olde Herbs and Cures. Nimrod turned to page 769, the concoctions. One was titled, Jekyll Hyde Potion. The curious doctor decided to see what it did, since the book offered no description. He disregarded the DO NO CONCOCT THIS POTION warnings and went to work.

Late that night, around the wee hours of the day, the potion was finished. It boiled a nasty green and brown. Now, Nimrod was no idiot. He grabbed a lab rat and poured a drop of potion on it. The rat convulsed. Its fur fell off and its skin bubbled. The rat changed. Its ears grew to the size of tomatoes. Its tail doubled, tripled in size. Its teeth elongated, and its claws burst to the size of dinosaur teeth. Its body grew to accommodate the changes. The rat cried a terrible cry.

Dr. Nimrod shrieked and ran out of the laboratory. But, the rat leaped off the table and slammed the door before he could escape. The rat’s long tail knocked over the pot of potion. Some splashed on the doctor. The reaction was instantaneous. Dr. Nimrod changed into a monster.

"I was Nimrod, but now I am Hydra, the evil doctor!"

Hydra raced through the empty hospital, destroying things, ripping I.V.'s out of dying patients, giving people the wrong prescriptions, yelling, killing, demolishing.

That was three years ago. Now, Dr. Nimrod and Mr. Hydra live in a padded room, changing between each other. Nimrod is so sorry that he ever was curious about the potion. It ruined his life. Hydra is ecstatic that Nimrod made a mistake, feeding off of his misery.

The moral of this story is, don't be too curious, it can kill you.

message 10: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Do you think that's what Putnam secretly does to his patients? :/ Haha...

I love it, Kirilee!

message 11: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

thanks

message 12: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments When's the contest over? :D

message 13: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

sunday

message 14: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (Doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Oh. Drats. Lol.

message 15: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

kk

message 16: by Caitlan, lioness rampant (new)

all voted!

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) ♥•Al•♥ wrote: "lol, that was short! I mean, it met the word count but I WANT MORE! lol. You should add onto this one. :) 'Twas good!"

thanx guys!

oıɔoɹ/rocio♥ (lalis26) Kirilee Fey Hycanth wrote: "lol

The Evil Doctor
WC: 315

There once was a nice doctor who loved to treat patients. He was trying to find the cure for some foreign disease. Dr. Nimrod was searching in an old book label..."

cool! i like it! lol it looks like norbit a bit

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.