Terminalcoffee discussion

Viewing & Listening Pleasure: > When pigs fly...

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments This picture cracked me up so I thought I'd share.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments WHAT are those men doing? It looks like they jumped pig... and plan to parachute... maybe?

message 4: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Yeah, that needs an explantion, Pi!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments According to the caption, they're part of the "Flugtan" air festival in Moscow.
"Teams brave creative assemble their flying objects, and show what they can."

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Hahha! The expression on the pig's face makes it for me.

message 7: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Well that caption was most helpful.

(What????)

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You see, that picture reminds me of why I don't do drugs anymore. Say I was walking down the Moscow streets, pleasantly high, and suddenly

AHH AHH AHH AHH

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments The expression is definitely the best part. It suggests to me that the end of the phrase "It'll happen when pigs fly" should actually be "which the pigs hope will be a trait developed AFTER they develop landing gear."

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments And ps that particular pig shows a blatant disregard for all laws of physics. How could he expect it to end any other way?

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "You see, that picture reminds me of why I don't do drugs anymore. Say I was walking down the Moscow streets, pleasantly high, and suddenly

AHH AHH AHH AHH"

::chuckles::

message 12: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Hey, is there still one guy in the pig? I just noticed that! I'm still confused about what they are doing. Are there parachutes that have yet to be deployed?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm guessing that they're all falling into a lake or other body of water.
Love the pig's expression!

message 14: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments OK, that makes sense! They just seemed really low to the ground to be parachuting.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Red Bull Flugtag In Russia August 9th, 2009

RED BULL FLUGTAG in Moscow August 9th, 2009, the last day of filing the application for participation - 15 April 2009.
Red Bull Flugtag - a special day of the year, when a fly on the shoulder and feel the guy. Specially built over the water area the water trampolines, 6 meters in height, the signal «HOME», whistling wind, the speed ... Take off! Teams brave creative assemble their flying objects, and show what they can. Track an object in motion will be invoked only manual force without any motor, engine, petrol.

In early August in Moscow on a flight that is done and it will be appreciated by the audience and jury on three parameters: wing span, the originality of the device and the flight itself: its peculiarity, its quality and range.

http://www.oddrussia.com/2009/03/red-...

message 16: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments OK, this is all making sense to me now. That's like a google translation of the Russian article, huh? That's hilarious!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Hey, the website IS "oddrussia.com"... :)

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Here's the link to the Russian site:

http://www.redbullflugtag.ru/#1224770...

I copied this text:

Red Bull Flugtag – особый день в году, когда любому по плечу взлететь и ощутить парение.

Специально возведенный над водной акваторией трамплин, 6 метров высоты, сигнал «на старт», свист ветра, скорость… Взлёт!

Команды смельчаков придумают и соберут свои летательные объекты и покажут, на что они способны. Летательный объект в движение будет приводиться только ручной силой, без всякого мотора, двигателя, бензина.

В начале августа в Москве полет такой свершится и будет он оценен зрителями и жюри по трем параметрам: размах крыла, оригинальность аппарата и сам полет: его особенность, своеобразность, качество и дальность.

And google translated it and got this:

"Red Bull Flugtag - a special day of the year, when a fly on the shoulder and feel the guy.

Specially built over the water area the water trampolines, 6 meters in height, the signal «HOME», whistling wind, the speed of take-off ...!

Teams brave creative assemble their flying objects, and show what they can. Track an object in motion will be invoked only manual force without any motor, engine, petrol.

In early August in Moscow on a flight that is done and it will be appreciated by the audience and jury on three parameters: wing span, the originality of the device and the flight itself: its peculiarity, its quality and range."

oddrussia.com should hire me!

message 19: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments And you know what? Doesn't Red Bull do these same events here? I think I remember seeing something about it...

message 20: by Sally, la reina (new)

I love the internet for immediate translation gratification.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yes, the Flugtag events are here, too. If you look up flugtag on Google, the first result is for Red Bull Flugtag USA:

http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/

message 22: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Omg, I thought surely that "flugtag" was some untranslatable Russian word! Wtf?

message 23: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Hmmm, actually it's German for "flying day." OK. Thanks, Red Bull.

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Well, it's fine and dandy that my entertainment was sponsored by Red Bull. I still won't drink it. If coffee makes me jittery? On Redbull my nervous system would be standing next to my skin, standing next to my skeleton, standing next to my circulatory system, and we'd all be recreating Hands Across America, while tapdancing like six year olds who have to pee.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I've never tried Red Bull. Or Jolt cola. Or anything hypercaffeinated. Now that I'm not a college student, I really don't need artificial help to stay up all night studying. Even in college, I only resorted to No-Doz once, and I'm not sure if it helped, or just made me jittery.

The occasional mocha is strong enough for me, thanks.

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 10, 2009 05:14PM) (new)

Red Bull gives you energy, but there is a crash when it wears off.

message 27: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments That was a brilliant description, Sarah!

And that's interesting, Bunny. Isn't caffeine usually prescribed for headaches?

Once I chopped up NoDoze and snorted it. NOT recommended.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

Mindy! Don't do that!

message 29: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I thought caffeine restricted the bloodflow? (Which is why the ladies at the plasma donation center always told me not to drink any on the days I was donating.)

Sally, I don't anymore.

:)

message 30: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Wow! That's actually pretty cool! Yeah, I can imagine there would be some sort of survival response that would produce that effect.

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

Or is it the blood that pumps out of the heart vs the blood that is going in? Do they have different types of tubes pipes veins/arteries?

Oh.

message 32: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I don't know, but I think when they're taking plasma, they're using the outgoing veins. (Veins?)

message 33: by Sally, la reina (new)

Who is talking plasma?

message 34: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments The one time I used No-Doz to drive a borrowed car from Idaho Falls to Rexburg, cause the guy driving us to Utah got put in jail (don't ask... really bizarre night), I ended up in the emergency room because it messed me up so badly. I can drink coffee all day long and not get that wired. But one little pill and I'm in ICU.

Nope. No-Doz is ebil.

message 35: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Eeeebil, I tell you, eeeebil!!! (I rather like saying it with the "b"!)

Sally, it was taking not talking plasma.

Everybody's got fudgy fingers this evening!

:)

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Lick them then.