Everything Group! discussion

Music Talk > Instruments/Music

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silver (new)

Silver This is where the conversation that was going on in "invite your friends" will go :)

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Yay! :D

message 3: by Silver (new)

Silver Oh I should move this to music talk... lolz.

Okay. Violin! Piano! Clarinet! Flute!

Wonderful things :)

(sorry if I spelled anything wrong)

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie The spelling is right.
I play the clarinet.

message 5: by Silver (new)

Silver Cool. I don't, so I can't say much on the topic...

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie lol. It's pretty easy to play it after a few weeks.

message 7: by Silver (new)

Silver It's pretty easy to play violin..... after about six years....

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie lol, I thought that. ;D

message 9: by Soumya (new)

Soumya iluvcatz wrote: "The spelling is right.
I play the clarinet."

YAY!! So do I.

When I started learning how to play, in 5th grade, I already knew how to read the notes due to taking piano lessons. I just had to learn the fingerings and it wasn't hard.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie I started in 4th grade. Now music class is very easy for me becaue i learn notes and symbols in clarinet lessons.

message 11: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I'm in the band so I play the clarinet there. And we got the oppurtunity to play an instrument in 5th grade. Yea, we mainly learned all the notes and fingerings in 5th and 6th grade. Starting from 7th grade, our main focus was on getting music ready for concerts. We played concerts in elementary too(5th and 6th).

message 12: by Silver (new)

Silver iluvcatz wrote: "lol, I thought that. ;D"

of course, that's only if you start when you're little. If you start when you're like 12 you'll probably advance faster.

message 13: by Silver (new)

Silver Blooming wrote: "I'm in the band so I play the clarinet there. And we got the oppurtunity to play an instrument in 5th grade. Yea, we mainly learned all the notes and fingerings in 5th and 6th grade. Starting from ..."

that's interesting.... I learn new fingerings all the time. Like a different teacher just gave me a new fingering to use on the scales B flat to f. (I haven't done f sharp three octave yet) She also changed my a/a flat/g sharp fingering and my g fingering.

message 14: by Soumya (new)

Soumya Yea, there's somethings I might still not know, but we don't really like sit there and go over fingerings.

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie I'm starting band Monday.

message 16: by Silver (new)

Silver Oh yeah, I forgot, you learn in a class with other people...

I have private lessons and group classes. I have a group class tomorrow morning and I'm excited because I missed the first one this school year so this is my first one :) and I'm excited because I emailed my teacher this morning and she answered and said that we can do La Folia, which is the song I've spent the week memorizing.

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie I have band on Mondays. A 30-min lesson with the clarinets and an hour of practice with the whole band.

message 18: by Silver (new)

Silver We didn't do La Folia.

My orchestra last year had 2 hours rehearsals.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

oh.