The Novelholics Pub discussion

To Kill a Mockingbird
This topic is about To Kill a Mockingbird
BUDDY READ: HISTORICAL FICTION > To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Starting 1st November, 2017

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

'Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.'

A lawyer's advice to his children as he defends the real mockingbird of Harper Lee's classic novel - a black man charged with the rape of a white girl. Through the young eyes of Scout and Jem Finch, Harper Lee explores with exuberant humour the irrationality of adult attitudes to race and class in the Deep South of the thirties. The conscience of a town steeped in prejudice, violence and hypocrisy is pricked by the stamina of one man's struggle for justice. But the weight of history will only tolerate so much.

To Kill a Mockingbird is a coming-of-age story, an anti-racist novel, a historical drama of the Great Depression and a sublime example of the Southern writing tradition.

This book is being read as our Book of the Month for November, 2017. If you join in later, then just let me know and I'll change the dates accordingly.

And, have fun reading!

message 2: by Pratik (new)

Pratik Purohit (pratikpurohit) i am joining today..i have novel.. about to start..just tell me how keep u guys updated

message 3: by Pratik (new)

Pratik Purohit (pratikpurohit) * how to keep u guys updated

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so our group will start reading this book from the 1st. Anyone can join in at anytime in the whole of November.

We update each other by telling what chapter we are on and what did we think about that chapter. You can choose your own pace while reading.

You can respond to other people's comments and views and add in your own. It's basically like a book club, only you have to type to let others know. :)