Audiobooks discussion

Frankenstein
This topic is about Frankenstein
Book Recommendations > (Frankenstein) Which reader is better Simon Vance or Dan Stevens

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pegotico (new)

Pegotico | 3 comments I'm about to get Frankenstein audiobook and I would like to know which one is better (Simon Vance or Dan Stevens version)?

thanks!

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section... :)

Faith | 413 comments Simon Vance is always good, but you should really listen to the samples and decide which one you prefer.

message 3: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3649 comments I have Frankenstein but not by either of the narrators you mentioned--and I'm heartily sorry for it. Mine is the Brilliance Audio version and the narrator isn't actually given credit. I'm a Simon Vance fan and would choose that, but I echo the above recommendation to listen to the sample. From the samples, it seems either would be a good choice. The book itself wasn't a favorite of mine I have to say, regardless of the narrator.

message 4: by Pegotico (new)

Pegotico | 3 comments thanks!

message 5: by Pegotico (new)

Pegotico | 3 comments Decided to go with Dan Stevens on this one!

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 143 comments Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. Dan Stevens has an edge because he is much easier to understand in a larger room or if you have hearing problems (as I do now). I have both versions.

message 7: by Pegotico (new)

Pegotico | 3 comments Stephanie wrote: "Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. Dan Stevens has an edge because he is much easier to understand in a larger room or if you have hearing problems (as I do now). I have both versions."

thanks!! :)