LitRPG Forum discussion

Nemesis: The Panguardia Online Saga Book 1
This topic is about Nemesis
Get Viridian Gate Online: Cataclysm not this book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandor (new)

Mandor | 8 comments Nemesis: The Panguardia Online Saga Book 1
has been reviewed by the litprg podcast and is plagiarizing Viridian Gate Online: Cataclysms. here is the review link https://smile.amazon.com/gp/customer-...

message 2: by Fel, LitRPG Devotee, Reading Is My Cardio (new)

Fel, LitRPG Devotee | 195 comments Mod
Amazing

message 3: by Hamda (last edited Oct 22, 2017 01:17PM) (new)

Hamda (kidlike) Some people are just so sad. why did amazon not pull this book out already

description

message 4: by Apollos (last edited Oct 22, 2017 04:00PM) (new)

Apollos Thorne | 12 comments Ramon killed it!

Thank you Mandor for posting!

message 5: by GaiusPrimus, Kindle Wizard (new)

GaiusPrimus | 197 comments Mod
Yeah. Looks like the book is not available anymore

message 6: by Apollos (new)

Apollos Thorne | 12 comments Very cool. I hope that's the end of it.

message 7: by Yuli (new)

Yuli Ban | 4 comments Let's be honest— this is only the beginning.

LitRPG is perhaps the easiest way to make money writing right now, to the point that the floor of the genre is higher than some other genres' ceilings. For example, I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't this potential that spurred me to go ahead with my particular story for NaNoWriMo. The cold fact is that people want money and a genre as profitable as this one will bring in anyone and everyone interested in making money. Though I just mentioned that this is part of my own motivation, I still don't like mentioning it because it sounds so sleazy and antithetical to creativity.

Scammers and frauds are catching onto this. They recognize that LitRPG is a genre where a first-time author with questionable writing skills can shoot up to <1000s, even <500s on Amazon just by attaching "litrpg" to their keywords and title.

So we have to be vigilant. There's no doubt in my mind that this will happen again.