Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Meow If It's Murder (Nick and Nora Mysteries, #1)
This topic is about Meow If It's Murder
Page Numbering Requests > new page count

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruthsic (new)

Ruthsic | 74 comments Rita wrote: "This is not great literature but I still want the page count to be correct. I have a Mass Market copy of Meow If It's Murder That has 294 pages.
9780425270202"

The retail information for the specified edition has 304 pages, and will be kept that way in Goodreads. Copies often don't include page counts for preface, end pages, etc, and so page numbers on a copy and on the edition information can differ.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1761 comments Worldcat lists 296 pages for this ISBN. Can you tell me what's on pages 295-296?

message 3: by Melanie (last edited Oct 22, 2017 09:02AM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1761 comments Krutula wrote: "The retail information for the specified edition has 304 pages, and will be kept that way in Goodreads."

I don't know where you're getting this information, but it is incorrect. Publishers usually include pages that Goodreads does not count (such as blank pages, previews, etc.) and those page counts are what feed to retail sites. That is not the page count we use on Goodreads.

You may want to review the policy on page counts.
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1761 comments Rita wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Worldcat lists 296 pages for this ISBN. Can you tell me what's on pages 295-296?"
The Author's Recipes"

Thanks, I believe those would be included and have updated the page count to 296.