New Adult Book Club discussion

Addison Moore
This topic is about Addison Moore
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Addison Moore

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Hey NABC! We have the lovely Addison Moore visiting us for a Q&A this week! Addison is the author of Someone to Love, Entropy, Beautiful Elixir, Forbidden Kisses, Naughty by Nature, and many more! Please leave her your questions below. <3

message 2: by Mood (new)

Mood Reader (mood_reader) | 17 comments What are you working on right now? :)

message 3: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes | 257 comments Hi Addison! I know you write contemporary and some paranormal, are there any other genres you're hoping to venture into? Thanks!

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Koot (judykoot) Hi Addison, what does your writing schedule looks like? What's your way of working? Thanks!

message 6: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Cannavina | 57 comments Which book of yours was your favorite to write?

message 7: by Addison (last edited Oct 23, 2017 09:37AM) (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments LeAnn wrote: "

Hey NABC! We have the lovely Addison Moore visiting us for a Q&A this week! Addison is the author of Someone to Love, Entropy, [book:Beautiful Eli..."

Hi LeAnn!

Thank you so much for having me! I'm so thrilled to be here!

~A :)

message 8: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Mood wrote: "What are you working on right now? :)"

Hey LeAnn!

I'm usually working on several projects at once so I'll give you the low down—Throne of Fire (Celestra Forever After 5) gotta love Paragon! I'm also working on final edits for Dirty Deeds, and I'm in the process of penning Bitter Exes (The Social Experiment 2), Reckless Kisses (3:AM Kisses 16), and a mystery for my agent. whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! ;)

~A

message 9: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Mercedes wrote: "Hi Addison! I know you write contemporary and some paranormal, are there any other genres you're hoping to venture into? Thanks!"

Hi Mercedes!
I've penned a psychological thriller that I'm hoping to sell and I'm in the process of penning another. I think mysteries in general are something I'm quite interested in!

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (poohbear91302) | 5 comments Who's your favorite character of yours?

message 11: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite authors?"

Hi Nicole!

Great question and a tough one too! I tend to gobble up everything in the genres I write in because I'm a voracious reader so it's impossible to choose those but some favs are Sylvia Plath (old school), Wally Lamb, Janet Fitch, Barbara Freethy, Liane Moriarty, Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Gillian Flynn. I love them all madly!!! Wow, that was really tough. I might have to come back and add to the list as more pop to mind!

message 12: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Judy wrote: "Hi Addison, what does your writing schedule looks like? What's your way of working? Thanks!"

Hi Judy!

It looks like madness I tell you! Madness! LOL! Actually I'm working really hard to tame the beast. Once upon a time I wrote seven days a week, insane hours every single day. That's what happens when you get to run wild with your passion. ;) But for the last year or a bit longer I've cut out Sundays (a day of true rest once again! Yay!) And I only do light work and a half day if needed on Saturday (that thrills me so much!). But the rest of the week I tend to write heavier on the backend of the day, so about 3 to midnight with a lot of procrastination, FB, and oh-look-shiny involved. Since I write several books at a time, I usually spend some time editing one then filling in word counts for the others. I try my hardest to write about 7K words a day but some days are better, some are worse. I never really beat myself up about it if I don't hit my goals (not too much at least). I am trying to work heavier in the beginning of the day and take the backend of the day off but so far it hasn't panned out. Wish me luck with that one!

message 13: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Whitney wrote: "Which book of yours was your favorite to write?"

Hi Whitney!

Wow, tough question! But a good one! I love my paranormal stuff so much and since it's a series, it does feel like one long book. But I also really have fun with my romantic comedies. The irony is that the book I would say I have a special place in my heart for (there are two actually) fit in neither of those categories. The first is A Thousand Starry Nights (Burning Through Gravity 2). The reason I loved it so much was because I was able to squeeze in my love for Tudor history. I had a blast with that! And I just loved it because it encompassed a different interest of mine I haven't been able to utilize otherwise. And the second book that's close to my heart is The Solitude of Passion. It was one of the first books I wrote and there was always something about their story that got to me. In all, I love every book and at the moment it becomes my favorite but those two always seem to cork to the surface for me for some reason. I hope that was a good enough answer! I love all my books as if they were my children. LOL!

XOXO ~A :)

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lv2bnmv) I'm positive you get asked this a lot but which is your favorite KISSES couple and why? LOVE this series so much!

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments Where is your favorite place to write?

message 16: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Cindy wrote: "Who's your favorite character of yours?"

Hi Cindy!!!
Wow, this is hard. I am partial to all my men (yum!). LOL! The character I've been with the longest is Skyla Messenger from my paranormal Celestra series. And she's the character that still needs to grow so much. I feel like she's another daughter of mine or in the least another part of me. I can't say I have a favorite because I love them all so much (it's like picking from one of your kids!). But I think I'd say Skyla because she's my girl. We've been together every single day for the last seven years. She's sort of become my ride or die!! Great question!

XO ~A :)

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy This rafflecopter giveaway wants me to ask you a question. But I can't really think of any. I follow you on twitter & fb and I'm in both of your fb groups, so I kind of keep up... Uumm... What's your favorite color?

message 18: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Amy wrote: "This rafflecopter giveaway wants me to ask you a question. But I can't really think of any. I follow you on twitter & fb and I'm in both of your fb groups, so I kind of keep up... Uumm... What's yo..."

Hi Amy!

Ha ha! Still a fun question! I love lavender. I don't decorate with it or anything but something about that blue pink combo brings me a sense of calm. My husband knows that lavender roses are my favorite. ;)

~A

message 19: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Melissa wrote: "I'm positive you get asked this a lot but which is your favorite KISSES couple and why? LOVE this series so much!"

Hi Melissa!
I love Baya and Bryson of course because they started it all! But I love each couple for different reasons. I really have a heart for Annie's story with Blake in Rock Candy Kisses. And Ava and Grant's story in Stolen Kisses cut to the bone. I really loved them because they made the series come full circle since it cycled back to things that happened in book one. And, I also have a special place in my heart for the not-yet-released Reckless Kisses, Sunday and Seth's story. That story really hits home with me and I'm anxious to share it with you! Things are about to get Reckless!
XOXO ~A :)

message 20: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Emily wrote: "Where is your favorite place to write?"

Hi Emily!
I'm not sure if I love this place but it's definitely the most productive— the dining room! I can see everything from this spot in the house and it makes me feel connected to my family. On rare occasion I'll write in bed. I don't have an office but that's the dream! Every nook and cranny in my house is currently occupied but that's fine by me, I get to hang out with the fam this way. :)

~A

message 21: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Dehart | 133 comments Whats your favorite way to celebrate finishing a book?

Joelle ★My Book Angel Blog★ (mybookangelblog) | 2 comments Hi Addison! 3 part question here - hope you don’t mind!!
How many books do you think will be in the 3:AM Kisses Series & The Celestra Spin-off Series? Also, have any other genres “called” to you? You know I adore you & your books :-) Keep Writing, you’re incredibly talented!

message 23: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Katrina wrote: "Whats your favorite way to celebrate finishing a book?"

Hi Karina!

There is no better feeling than finishing a long project! It feels as if a gigantic weight has moved off your shoulders or as if you pushed a mountain out of the way! Usually what happens is I spring up from my seat and declare to the entire house, "I finished my book!" And to that I get a few lackluster congratulations. ;) I don't do much beyond that. But on release day, I always make it a point to go to lunch or at least get myself a fancy coffee from Starbucks. It's the little things that make me happy! XO ~A :)

message 24: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Joelle ★My Book Angel Blog★ wrote: "Hi Addison! 3 part question here - hope you don’t mind!!
How many books do you think will be in the 3:AM Kisses Series & The Celestra Spin-off Series? Also, have any other genres “called” to you? Y..."

Hi Joelle! *waves!*

I hope this will be great news to you! The 3:AM Kisses series is open-ended. Even if there's a long pause between books it's never really closed off and I'm glad about that because I really do enjoy my time at Whitney Briggs University!

Celestra Forever After does have a large ongoing arc but that arc will eventually hit it's end. At that point I'll have two choices, either conclude the series or move into another story arc. I guess only time will tell! It would be very difficult for me to leave Celestra though. It has literally been with me since the beginning of my career and even before that. I do love me some Paragon.

As for any other genres, great question! I sure do want to dabble! I have a heart for suspense so I think mysteries would be a good fit for me in the future as well as psychological thrillers. And who knows? I'm willing to follow life wherever it's willing to lead me! I sure hope my readers will come along for the ride. :)

XOXO ~A

message 25: by Amber J. (new)

Amber J. (agent0017) | 3 comments Hi Addison,

I got hooked on your writing back in 2011 with Celestra series, but around the release of Toxic I took a break from reading in general. I still kept buying your books for a while in anticipation of the reading bug biting me again (is that even a thing lol?), and I just realized I own about 24 of your books that are unread. Now that my interest in reading has returned, which one of your books should I start with?

message 26: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Amber J. wrote: "Hi Addison,

I got hooked on your writing back in 2011 with Celestra series, but around the release of Toxic I took a break from reading in general. I still kept buying your books for a while in an..."

Hi Amber! I'm so glad you're back to reading again! There's nothing like a good escape in a book. I guess the answer would lie in what type of book you were in the mood for. I would say if you like to keep it light and funny I'd start with 3:AM Kisses. If you like it more angsty and less comedy, I'd go for Burning Through Gravity. But all of my romances can be read as standalone novels so it would be safe to start just about anywhere! Happy reading! I hope you find something you like! XOXO ~A :)

message 27: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 170 comments Hi :) how do you come up with the names for your characters?

message 28: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments S.Shade wrote: "Hi :) how do you come up with the names for your characters?"

I love this question! I always have an idea of what the character is like, personality, likes, dislikes and I try to match the person to a name that fits them. Honestly, choosing names is so much fun. I try not to get too wild with my choices but there are so many fun names out there it's hard not to! XO ~A:)

message 29: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Which story of yours is your favourite?

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy Addison wrote: "Amy wrote: "This rafflecopter giveaway wants me to ask you a question. But I can't really think of any. I follow you on twitter & fb and I'm in both of your fb groups, so I kind of keep up... Uumm...."

I knew you liked lavender roses. I didn't realize it was your favorite color though. That's cool! :) Thanks.

message 31: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Irma wrote: "Which story of yours is your favourite?"

Hi Irma!

I have so many that I really enjoy but I think there's a secret spot in my heart for A Thousand Starry Nights. It just always sings to me because I was able to infuse it with my love for Tudor history. It's almost as if I get giddy thinking about it. Every now and again I'll open it up and read a bit just to catch the beginning of Aspen's POV because that's where the comparisons are made between her story and the Tudors. Also, I'm personally connected to Melt With You (A Totally '80s Romance). That was amazing fun to relive those memories!!! XOXO ~A :) Thanks for reading!

message 32: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Amy wrote: "Addison wrote: "Amy wrote: "This rafflecopter giveaway wants me to ask you a question. But I can't really think of any. I follow you on twitter & fb and I'm in both of your fb groups, so I kind of ..."

You're welcome and cool that you knew that about the roses!!! I love that! XOXO