Central European Tarts discussion

Month's picks > The Quick

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malaraa (last edited Oct 21, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

Malaraa | 173 comments Mod
2/3 through October and forgot to put this up! Here we go!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Crane-rosset | 103 comments Mod
So, the main hangout is tonight. I'm doing Nano, so, I'm busy, but you guys know I'll make time for you. Name the time and I'm there.

Really liked the book this month, a lot. It was really great and I can't wait to talk about it with you all!

message 3: by Tanja (new)

Tanja | 8 comments Liked the book overall but with some length...
........just watched vf......January??????

message 4: by Malaraa (new)

Yeah I just watched too! sad face for hiatus and extra sad face for poor Sophie, it's so hard having an older pet that's slipping like that. :( :(

Next week I'm available any day other than Sunday, the week after probably will be the same, I forgot to look today though.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Yeah, I kinda hate and love the winter break. Hate it, because I really enjoy reading the books, watching the ladies on the main hangout and talking with all of you. But November and December are just such busy times, so the break is kind of nice.

Is the 10th an ok time for everyone?

message 6: by Malaraa (new)

It should be fine. Kitty is doing really poorly so I may be slightly wrecked still depending on if the vet can think of any last hopes tomorrow. It'll make for a good distraction though, I expect I'll need one.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Sanasai wrote: "It should be fine. Kitty is doing really poorly so I may be slightly wrecked still depending on if the vet can think of any last hopes tomorrow. It'll make for a good distraction though, I expect I..."

Oh, hun. I'm sorry to hear that.

message 8: by Malaraa (new)

Thank you. For the first time in 16 years I'm without a cat. Feels...wrong. We'll look for new kitties who we can love soon I'm sure, but it's gonna be strange and empty in the apartment for a little while.

message 9: by Malaraa (new)

And... I just woke up and said hey wait, wasn't today.... yup it was. Sorry. 😴

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Sanasai wrote: "And... I just woke up and said hey wait, wasn't today.... yup it was. Sorry. 😴"

Um, I forgot, kind of, too. Monkey got home from school with the cold/respiritory infection crap that's going around. I broke a tooth and the dentist can't see me until the 28th, but he did give me a script for a painkiller. So, last night after dinner, got the kid settled with Netflix and cough syrup, I took my pain pills, and hey, guess what, we both fell asleep.

So, let's pretend it never happened and say we meant to actually have it next week. :)

message 11: by Malaraa (new)

Yes! it was totally always next week.... really! :)

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, I will not forget tonight!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, online and waiting. :)

message 14: by Malaraa (new)

If anyone else is coming, even if you're late, just say something and we'll link you in!

message 15: by Elif (new)

Elif (angelus_mortis) | 58 comments Mod
Sorry ladies. I was food poisoned and suffered at the last few days, so couldn't even check my notifications. I feel better now.

message 16: by Malaraa (new)

Oh, that's terrible! Glad you're feeling better.

message 17: by Malaraa (new)

Is anyone actually interested in the book that's winning the poll? I confess, I'm not, really. Think I'm going with Ice Massacre, although I'm happy I've convinced a few more people to try Dreaming Death, I want her to have enough support to keep writing them!

I moved October's book off the front page, and added Burn for Me as 'read' since November's already over. If there's enough interest, we can pick the mermaids over the grave book. Or is First Grave better than it sounds? Looks really boring, but I could be wrong.