The BookBum Club {HIATUS} discussion

GENERAL > Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zuky (new)

Zuky the BookBum (zukythebookbum) | 107 comments Mod
Hello everyone! Thank you for visiting and joining the BookBum Book Club.
This is a space for welcoming everyone who's new to the club.

Make yourself known! Tell us your favourite book!

My names Zuky, I'm the moderator and creator of this Book Club. My favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird / American Psycho!

message 2: by Lara (last edited Oct 20, 2017 09:46AM) (new)

Lara Kareem (larakareem) | 5 comments Hiya. I'm Lara. I'm glad to be a member of this group and my favourite book is ... I don't have one, I'm pulling blanks right now lol. Hope to get to know the rest of you.

Update - I love The Book Thief and Six of Crows Duology.

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 11 comments Yay Zuky, this is such a good idea, and making it non-book specific is a great way for everyone to read what they enjoy!

Anyways, my name's Marija, I am a blogger and a student, and my favorite book is probably A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara!

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara Kareem (larakareem) | 5 comments Inside My Library Mind wrote: "Yay Zuky, this is such a good idea, and making it non-book specific is a great way for everyone to read what they enjoy!

Anyways, my name's Marija, I am a blogger and a student, and my favorite bo..."

Awesome Marija and I love your name, it just so awesome and unique to me.

message 5: by Rory (last edited Oct 20, 2017 09:28AM) (new)

Rory (thefauxpoe) | 1 comments Zuky wrote: "Hello everyone! Thank you for visiting and joining the BookBum Book Club.

Make yourself known! Tell us your favourite book!

My names..."

Thank you so much for the invite Zuky.

I don't have a definitive favourite book but I can say that To Kill A Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye and Crime & Punishment are among that list.

message 6: by Erin Beall (new)

Erin Beall (erinjbeall) | 1 comments Hi everybuddy! Thanks for the invite!

I’m Erin and my favorite book is probably The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (with a close second being The Name of the Wind!)

message 7: by Cat (new)

Cat (loverbot) | 4 comments Love love love the idea of the book club, thank you for the invitation Zuky!

So, my name's Cat and my favorite book might be "Holding Up the Universe" by Jennifer Niven. It doesn't have a groundbreaking plot nor a mind-blowing style of writing, but the characters... Man, the characters warmed my heart like nothing I've ever experienced before... I love it.

message 8: by Lara (new)

Lara Kareem (larakareem) | 5 comments Cat wrote: "Love love love the idea of the book club, thank you for the invitation Zuky!

So, my name's Cat and my favorite book might be "Holding Up the Universe" by Jennifer Niven. It doesn't..."

Hi Cat, my best friend just got me a copy of the book as a present and I look g=forward to reading it.

message 9: by Jewell (new)

Jewell (jewellnathan) Hi everyone, I love the idea of this book club!

My name is Jewell, and my favorite book is We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.

message 10: by The Book Moo (new)

The Book Moo    (thebookmoo) Hey everyone, I'm Mel from The Book Moo! Thanks for setting this up Zuky, it's a good idea.

My favourite book is hard to decide on but The Book Thief, A Darker Shade of Magic and Cinder are amongst a few of my faves!

message 11: by Callum (new)

Callum McLaughlin | 11 comments Love the idea of this book club, Zuky!

Hi, everyone. My name's Callum. I read really broadly but I especially love anything gothic and atmospheric. My favourite book (at the moment) is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, but ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably give you a different answer ;)

message 12: by Cat (new)

Cat (loverbot) | 4 comments Lara wrote: "Cat wrote: "Love love love the idea of the book club, thank you for the invitation Zuky!

So, my name's Cat and my favorite book might be "Holding Up the Universe" by Jennifer Niven..."

Awesome! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Lara, let me know how you like it.

message 13: by Callum (new)

Callum McLaughlin | 11 comments Jewell wrote: "Hi everyone, I love the idea of this book club!

My name is Jewell, and my favorite book is We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson."

Hey, Jewell :) Ooh, I loved We Have Always Lived in the Castle! I can't wait to try some more of Jackson's work.

message 14: by Hafsa | حفصہ (new)

Hafsa | حفصہ (vibingwithabook) | 20 comments (Love the idea of this bookclub Zuky! Thanks so much for the invite!!)

Hi everyone, I'm Hafsa! I don't really believe in favourites when it comes to books and movies but Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak would be some of my all time favourites.

message 15: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette (jj5again) To tell you the REAL truth- only 1 person in my entire 69 plus years has ever given me a book. But I'll join anyway and put in a few I have bought myself. Most of which I've given away again. LOL! Reading as much as I do - my library keeps most of my books- or my systems' libraries.

It will be interesting to see what comes up? Can it be non-fiction? In the last few years non-fiction has some real, real incredible finds out there. And they are not all in the sciences, crime, or memoirs either.

message 16: by Jeanette (last edited Oct 20, 2017 10:28AM) (new)

Jeanette (jj5again) If you decide that this is only for fiction, that's ok, Zuky. I have a feeling that your group might have other and different interests. But I could be wrong.

Asking me what was my favorite book, is like asking me which one of my children is my favorite. I can't do it. But I have read many eras of books, being my age and I do know which ones I often remember.

Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts (bookmarkyourthoughts) | 20 comments Hello!

This is super cool since this is how my friends and I do our book club! We pick a theme and then discuss our books (no spoilers of course). I'm glad I can partake in TWO like this!

So hello! My name is Jenna and my favourite books are: Winnie-the-Pooh, The Little Prince, His Dark Materials Trilogy, and The Outsiders. There's definitely a few more ha-ha! I'm excited to partake in this and get to know you all!

message 18: by Zuky (new)

Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts wrote: "Hello!

This is super cool since this is how my friends and I do our book club! We pick a theme and then discuss our books (no spoilers of course). I'm glad I can partake in TWO like this!

So hell..."

You were totally my inspiration for this Jenna!! I tagged you in the blog post for it if you haven't seen it already :-) Thanks for joining lovely x

message 19: by Zuky (new)

Jeanette wrote: "To tell you the REAL truth- only 1 person in my entire 69 plus years has ever given me a book. But I'll join anyway and put in a few I have bought myself. Most of which I've given away again. LOL! ..."

Hi Jeanette! This book club is open to literally any book at all! Non-fiction is very welcome. Some months the theme will be completely non-fiction related so they'll be even better for you! I'm going to attempt to make the themes as open as possible so all kinds of readers will be able to join - non-fiction or fiction :-)

message 20: by Zuky (new)

Inside My Library Mind wrote: "Yay Zuky, this is such a good idea, and making it non-book specific is a great way for everyone to read what they enjoy!

Anyways, my name's Marija, I am a blogger and a student, and my favorite bo..."

Lara wrote: "Hiya. I'm Lara. I'm glad to be a member of this group and my favourite book is ... I don't have one, I'm pulling blanks right now lol. Hope to get to know the rest of you.

Update - I love The Book..."

Hi Lara, thanks so much for joining! :-)

Marija, thanks for coming along!! I really need to read A Little Life soon, maybe one of the themes will push me to do so :-)

message 21: by Zuky (new)

Erin wrote: "Hi everybuddy! Thanks for the invite!

I’m Erin and my favorite book is probably The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (with a close second being The Name of the Wind!)"

Rory wrote: "Zuky wrote: "Hello everyone! Thank you for visiting and joining the BookBum Book Club.

Make yourself known! Tell us your favourite bo..."

Hi Erin and Rory! Thanks so much for joining my new club!

Yay for To Kill a Mockingbird :-P

message 22: by Zuky (new)

Jewell wrote: "Hi everyone, I love the idea of this book club!

My name is Jewell, and my favorite book is We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson."

Cat wrote: "Love love love the idea of the book club, thank you for the invitation Zuky!

So, my name's Cat and my favorite book might be "Holding Up the Universe" by Jennifer Niven. It doesn't..."

Hey Jewell and Cat, thanks for joining!! I have read We Have Always Lived in the Castle a year or so back, I might have to reread it though, as I don't think I was really in the mood for it back then

message 23: by Zuky (new)

Callum wrote: "Love the idea of this book club, Zuky!

Hi, everyone. My name's Callum. I read really broadly but I especially love anything gothic and atmospheric. My favourite book (at the moment) is Rebecca by..."

Hafsa Z.U wrote: "(Love the idea of this bookclub Zuky! Thanks so much for the invite!!)

Hi everyone, I'm Hafsa! I don't really believe in favourites when it comes to books and movies but Great Expectations by Char..."

The Book Moo wrote: "Hey everyone, I'm Mel from The Book Moo! Thanks for setting this up Zuky, it's a good idea.

My favourite book is hard to decide on but The Book Thief, A Darker Shade of Magic and Cinder are amongs..."

Hello guys!! Thanks for joining the club!

I love a gothic book too, Callum :-) and Hasfa, you like the classics then! The modern ones too :-)

message 24: by Magical_Bookworm (new)

Magical_Bookworm | 26 comments Hi I'm Magical_Bookworm. I like to read young adult, historical fiction, mystery and manga. I really like that in this book club you get decide to read. My favorite book is really hard to decide but Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, and Murder Freshly Brewed by Vannetta Chapman are amongst some of my favorites. I just got back into reading so I got a feeling that my favorites pile will be growing.

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hey guys! I love the idea of this book club - thanks for setting it up, Zuky!

I'm Rachel and I read across all genres so it's hard to narrow down the favorite book question, but I usually say Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I love classics, literary fiction, thrillers, non-fiction, and just about anything, so I'm looking forward to seeing the different book club prompts!

message 26: by -`ˏ Bridget ϟ (new)

-`ˏ Bridget ϟ (bridgetandbooks) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Bridget. I’m a book blogger. My favorite book is anything from Harry Potter!

message 27: by Shainlock (new)

Shainlock (shainlockholmes) Thanks for the invite Zuky. Brilliant idea. My favorite books are Phantom, by Susan Kay and Charlotte's Webb by E.B. White. I also love the Lockwood and Co. series by Jonathan Stroud. I like horror, gothic, dystopian, thrillers and suspense, mysteries, anything stimulating to the mind (including pretty covers). I don't like romance books or politics books, but I applaud and accept those with different tastes.

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite Zuky, this book club is a great idea! Anyway, I'm Lisa, and I struggle with my ever increasing TBR (which Zuky has a tendency to make bigger because her taste is very similar to mine! 😂) It's hard to say what my favourite books are, but author-wise, I'd say James Herbert and Karen Maitland are up there for me. Looking forward to being a member here, it's nice to see some familiar friends here too 😁👋

message 29: by Katherine (new)

Katherine  | 24 comments Hi everyone! thanks for the invite I cant wait to be inspired by everyones choices!

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (bookwyrmknits) | 22 comments Hello all! I'm Nicole (@ BookWyrmKnits) and thanks Zuky for the invite. I think this is a great idea!

I don't have a favorite book. How can you pick between so many great choices? I do have a favorite genre, though: fantasy. (Epic, urban, paranormal, whatever.)

Jenna | Bookmark Your Thoughts (bookmarkyourthoughts) | 20 comments I just saw the post yesterday! That's so cute of you Zuky!! You're making me blush over here haha! Thank you for the shout out, but it's all you with making this happen :)

message 32: by Ryann (new)

Ryann Crofoot (rcrofoot) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I'm Ryann (@Ryann the Reader). I think this is such a great idea and I'm so excited to get to talk about books with all of you awesome people!

I don't know if I could tell you my favorite book of all time, there are just too many to choose from and I'm really bad at keeping track of them all. But I can definitely say that my favorite reads of this year had been the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo, and The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden! :)

message 33: by Shainlock (new)

Shainlock (shainlockholmes) Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* wrote: "Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite Zuky, this book club is a great idea! Anyway, I'm Lisa, and I struggle with my ever increasing TBR (which Zuky has a tendency to make bigger because her taste is ..."

I thought the same thing. I love the laid back atmosphere and the fact that most of the people I do know here had similar tastes to my own. Well.. I was always stealing book ideas from you two. Ahem.

message 34: by Quirkyreader (last edited Oct 21, 2017 03:39PM) (new)

Quirkyreader | 16 comments Zuky,
Thank you for the invite.

I don't have an all time number one favourite because there are always new stories that are being written.

message 35: by Emmie (new)

Emmie (bookswithemmie) | 3 comments Hey! I’m Emily but I go by Emmie. I love the idea of this club. It’s more laid back than other clubs. My favorite read of this year would be They Both Die at The End by Adam Silvera.

Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* (owlbesatreading) Shaina wrote: "Lisa *OwlBeSatReading* wrote: "Hi everyone! Thanks for the invite Zuky, this book club is a great idea! Anyway, I'm Lisa, and I struggle with my ever increasing TBR (which Zuky has a tendency to ma..."

😂 haha! Steal away Shaina! I'm the biggest book-thief ever, where would my TBR be without you lot to inspire me! (It would be small and manageable I expect. A neat little pile!!)

message 37: by Zuky (new)

Thanks to everyone that's said hello and joined! It's so nice to see so many friendly faces.

I'm glad to hear you all like the idea of this club, it's so nice to hear you all saying good things!! :-)

message 38: by Zuky (new)

Sally wrote: "Hiya, I am Sally.
I really cannot think of a favourite cos I have loved so many. I love love LOVE this idea and am thankful that I can join. Thank you and happy reading."

Thanks Sally! Great to have you onboard :-)

message 39: by brianna (last edited Oct 22, 2017 07:22AM) (new)

brianna (briannareads) Hi everyone. I’m Brianna :)

I don’t have only one favourite book but a few series that I love are Shatter Me, Harry Potter, A Court of Thorns and Roses and Throne of Glass! Thank you for the invite, this club is really neat.

message 40: by Nicki (new)

Nicki | 13 comments Hi I'm Nicki
I have two favourite books 'When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.
I love the idea of themes rather than a certain book that I have to read, makes it so much more relaxed and more doable . :-)

message 41: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (chronicvillainy) Thanks for the invite! I'm Samantha, a book seller and book blogger. :)

My favourite book? I have multiple favourites, but if I had to name just one, it would be The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell.

Nice to meet everyone!

message 42: by Brian (new)

Brian (bdwilfong) Hey Everybody. Brian here.
I'm located in central Ohio and my favorite books are "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Life of Pi".
But there are a lot of other works that could fill that spot if push came to shove!

message 43: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (goodreadscomwhatcathyreadnext) | 40 comments Hi everyone. I'm a book blogger as well. I'd really struggle to nominate one book as a favourite but I love some of those already mentioned - To Kill a Mockingbird (also adore Gregory Peck in the film version), Rebecca...

I'm on a mission to encourage more people to read books by John Buchan other than The 39 Steps. He wrote so many other interesting and enjoyable books - fiction and non-fiction. So expect to see me trying to work his books into the themes...

message 44: by Quirkyreader (new)

Quirkyreader | 16 comments Cathy,

Good luck finding them all. I found most of mine as ebooks.

message 45: by Ali (new)

Ali (the_sunday_feeling) | 16 comments Hi Everyone!

My name is Ali and I blog on https://thesundayfeeling.wordpress.com/

I have a number of books I enjoy and love but not sure what my favorite is. Recently I have loved Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris but an old favorite will always be To Kill A Mockingbird too. It stuck with me after GCSE's 11 years ago!

I cant wait to start reading along side you all and getting to know more of you.

message 46: by Zuky (new)

So lovely to see all your friendly faces! Thanks so much for joining the club, I hope you all enjoy joining in!!

message 47: by Mia (new)

Mia Book Addict (miathebookaddict) | 5 comments Hi Everone,

My name is Mia. I love reading and do read a lot. I have a blog and mostly struggling with the time management for it :)

@Zuky thank you so much for the invite. It is great to be part of this group.

message 48: by Kenna (new)

Kenna Hargett  (thefoxybooklady) | 3 comments Thanks so much for the invite!
I'm a little late on the introductions part, but better late than never!
I'm Kenna, and I'm a 23 y/o living in Texas with my wonderful boyfriend and 3 fur babies (2 cats and a dog). I absolutely love reading (obviously) and I'm actually really excited to start this! It seems an easy enough way to start working on that never ending tbr list of mine!!
My favorite book of all time is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë and in second place would be Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I love any and all genres so long as it can grab and keep my attention.

message 49: by Erin (new)

Erin Hi Guys! I'm Erin I'm from Kentucky. I work at library. I'm Beyonce's biggest fan. I'm an unrepentant book addict. My favorite book is The Color Purple. My favorite tv shows are The Twilight Zone and Fringe
My favorite movie is Clueless

message 50: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Loop | 7 comments Erin wrote: "Hi Guys! I'm Erin I'm from Kentucky. I work at library. I'm Beyonce's biggest fan. I'm an unrepentant book addict. My favorite book is The Color Purple. My favorite tv shows are The Twilight Zone a..."
Hi thre you sound cool!! I loved thr fringe i havent finished it bc i know it was canceled. did they at lest end it alright?

« previous 1