Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Putting books into a series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new)

April Munday | 5 comments Hello. I have 3 books in a series. There will be more. Can the 3 that are already published be put into a series and the others added later? If so, could these three books be put into a series:
The Heir's Tale
The Monk's Tale
The Knight's Tale
The series is called The Soldiers of Fortune.
Thank you

message 2: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited Oct 20, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments There is already a series with that name so no need to create a second one ;) https://www.goodreads.com/series/2152...

But just to make sure the books have common characters? (I assume because of the reoccuring last names...)

message 3: by April (new)

April Munday | 5 comments They do have common characters.

They don't appear as a series. This might be because I mistyped the name of the series for the first book.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments no, that has nothing to do with you entering the name in the title - that is all just manual adding.
and yes they do appear as a series because I added them :)
(click at the link in #2 and you'll see the books - the series existed already created a while ago for book 1 by another librarian)

it may take a while until the books all show up on your author page in the series - author pages are heavily cached and so it can take up to 24 hours to be shown correctly.

message 5: by April (new)

April Munday | 5 comments Thank you. I can see them in the series now. I shall try to remember to look in the right place in future.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments and some things really need just some time to show up due to caching.
Glad that you can see it now.

message 7: by Chrys (new)

Chrys Cymri | 10 comments Hi, could this book be added to the Penny White series? It's number four of four.

The Vengeance of Snails

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6188 comments #7 done