Horror Aficionados discussion

Short Stories > Recommendations needed

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 57 comments I've been asked to perform a series of short stories during a book fair, and they have to be Kitchen related (don't ask why)

I need two more very short stories, dark in tone, and set in a kitchen.

Help!

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 14221 comments Mod
Damn, that's a tall order. I've read so many of them, that it's hard to remember which room in the house they took place.

I do remember one involving a cat and a serial killer, but I can't remember which collection was in.

I'll think on it.

message 3: by Char (last edited Oct 20, 2017 08:33AM) (new)

Char  | 14221 comments Mod
For Those Who Dream Monsters and it's the first story: Schrodinger's Human.

It's the first story in the collection and if you go to Amazon and do the "look inside", you can actually read the whole thing. That way you can be sure it meets your criteria.
I thought that collection was excellent, btw.

message 4: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 57 comments Brilliant, thanks!

message 5: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11041 comments Mod
that is a hard one! I would say We Have Always Lived in the Castle but it's not a short story. there is a lot of time spent in the kitchen, though. hope you find something.

message 6: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 57 comments I could do a version of Cinderella, of course. Some of the original versions are very dark, and quite quite different to Disney's story

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 57 comments Latasha wrote: "that is a hard one! I would say We Have Always Lived in the Castle but it's not a short story. there is a lot of time spent in the kitchen, though. hope you find something."

it's a brilliant book, but I think I'd have a hard time pulling a section out that would work as a stand alone piece for a kitchen supplier.

message 8: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 11041 comments Mod
Yeah I understand.

Mixofsunandcloud | 538 comments You could argue that To Serve Man is kitchen related. I guess it depends on how kitchen centric it has to be.

message 10: by Rk (new)

Rk | 3 comments Before the clock strikes six.. By Justin Tate