Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Name your home.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 69 comments Do you still remember these property names?

Twelve oaks (Gone with the wind) – There were 12 oak trees in front of it.
Satis House (Great expectations) – Means Enough House, whoever had this house, could want nothing else.
Tara (Gone with the wind) – Scarlett’s home.
Pemberley (Pride and prejudice) – Darcy’s masion.
etc.

Would you like to name your own properties?

I named my small villa “The September Wattle”, because wattle is in the street name, 9 is the unit number, I was born in September, and the first day of September is Australia’s Wattle Day. :p

message 2: by Angela (last edited Nov 03, 2017 10:55PM) (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 376 comments Haven. It's a small 3 x 1 house, kit home, mostly native plants, and my haven from work and every day life. It's my safe haven, my kitties are there, my Mum, my books & computer, fifty thousand wild birds that bum seed and water from us and poop over the paving and plastic outdoor table and chairs, and I love being home.
I think I see a pattern...

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 69 comments Angela wrote: "Haven. It's a small 3 x 1 house, kit home, mostly native plants, and my haven from work and every day life. It's my safe haven, my kitties are there, my Mum, my books & computer, fifty thousand wil..."

Nice name, Angela.

Is the pattern like this?

message 4: by Noelene (new)

Noelene | 364 comments Mine is called The Prickle Farm. Husband named it after a radio show that he enjoyed listening to. It is only a 2acre block and there are some patches of bindi-eye ( very few now and all the prickly pear is gone). A lot of our official correspondence has that name as part of the address.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 376 comments Sandy wrote: "Angela wrote: "Haven. It's a small 3 x 1 house, kit home, mostly native plants, and my haven from work and every day life. It's my safe haven, my kitties are there, my Mum, my books & computer, fif..."

Oh man, how pretty is that? But yeah, the general idea is the same - looking through the door at home and hearth! (not that we have a hearth LOL)

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 69 comments Noelene wrote: "Mine is called The Prickle Farm. Husband named it after a radio show that he enjoyed listening to. It is only a 2acre block and there are some patches of bindi-eye ( very few now and all the prickl..."

Thanks Noelene for sharing. :)

Did you mean this documentary I'm now watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTovX...