Romance Audiobooks discussion

Recommendation Give & Take > Need help finding this two Audiobook!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camryn (last edited Oct 19, 2017 02:09PM) (new)

Camryn Hi, I need help finding two audiobooks, for free! the one I`m in does not have either of them there so...
The titles are.
How to kill a rock star by Tiffanie DeBartolo . And
- Don`t Speak by y Katy Regnery .
thanks
~Camryn

message 2: by D.G. (last edited Oct 22, 2017 04:56PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments The only place you can find free audiobooks is in the library (or signing for a free trial at Audible, if you haven't done so already.) I recommend you look in there to see if they have those.

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish R. You might want to try hoopladigital.com. It says it's BROUGHT to you by the Jacksonville Public Library but I'm assuming anyone can use it. You can borrow 8 books a month. I don't know if they have the books you want but you can check. Hope this helps.

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments That seems to be a service like Overdrive...

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish R. D.G. wrote: "That seems to be a service like Overdrive..."

I've rented 2 books from them so far and it hasn't cost me a dime. You could fill out the info and see what it says before you decide whether you can or want to join it.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Reynolds (goodreadscomelylibrarysec) | 35 comments It is like Overdrive it depends on which service your library uses. This is what came up when I went to the Hoopla website:
Your public library at your fingertips

message 7: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Lynn wrote: "It is like Overdrive it depends on which service your library uses. This is what came up when I went to the Hoopla website:
Your public library at your fingertips"

Yeah, I know. I said it was BROUGHT to you by the Jacksonville Public Library. What I don't know is if you can use it or do they only service Jacksonville, Florida. If you can get a book from ANY library it sure beats the hell out of buying it. Just sayin'

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4422 comments Mod
When you access the website, it asks for your location if done via Google search. Then it lists the nearby libraries that are participating. You have to have a library card for that library.

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Reynolds (goodreadscomelylibrarysec) | 35 comments Since I work in an academic library, and have worked at other libraries since I was in the sixth grade I always advocate for using your local library. I know my town library uses Overdrive.

message 10: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 158 comments Have you tried ALIBRIS, ABE’S BOOKS, AMAZON, POWELL’S BOOKSTORE.

message 11: by Trish (new)

Trish R. Jonetta wrote: "When you access the website, it asks for your location if done via Google search. Then it lists the nearby libraries that are participating. You have to have a library card for that library."

Yes, but you can get a library card online, that's how I got mine.

message 12: by Elsa (new)

Elsa | 1 comments There are 3 great public libraries you can join if you dont live their area. Each charges a yearly fee. If you read alot it is well worth it. They have a great selection including audibles. They are all on Overdrive and you can search their collections without subscribing to see if they have enough of what you want to make it worth while. They are Orange County Library, Free Library of Philidelphia and Brooklyn Public Library

message 13: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Trish wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Yes, but you can get a library card online, that's how I got mine."

Without leaving in the same state/area? Interesting!

Where I live, you need to go to the library in person to first get a library card and go in person to renew it every time it expires.

message 14: by Trish (new)

Trish R. D.G. wrote: "Trish wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Yes, but you can get a library card online, that's how I got mine."

Without leaving in the same state/area? Interesting!

Where I live, you need to go to the library ..."

LOL, D.G. I didn't say you COULD get one I said you could fill out the info and see if you could get one even if you didn't live in Florida. And, yes, I did get my card online. Thank God for the computer age.

message 15: by Camryn (new)

Camryn Ok thanks. I am already in Audiobooks. com and they don`t have any of them theire. but thanks everyone. I will try the library