Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

For the Blogless > Kristel’s third Readathon

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments It’s my third year. I really have no plans other than read, catch up on my buddy reads and enjoy no excuse reading.

message 2: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 29 comments Good luck! I failed miserably last October due to friends visiting. I’m hoping to make it all 24 hours this time. So far the longest I’ve made it is 22 hours. I’ve started prepping early this time.

message 3: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments Chili wrote: "Good luck! I failed miserably last October due to friends visiting. I’m hoping to make it all 24 hours this time. So far the longest I’ve made it is 22 hours. I’ve started prepping early this time."
I know I will never read for 24 hours. I have to sleep. I still like participating just because it is a good excuse to read and let other stuff wait.

message 4: by DieAReader (new)

DieAReader Good Luck! This is also my 3rd Dewey’s Readathon! I made it to hour 18 my first one and bombed the last one. I’m hoping to make it through the whole thing this time! I have like 50 books in my TBR list lol!

message 5: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 552 comments Yes, I LOVE that "good excuse to read and not feel guilty about letting everything else go" part!

message 6: by Kristel (last edited Oct 21, 2017 04:48AM) (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments One cup of coffee already. I think I will listen to my book and take a walk for the first hour (before the rain gets here). Having a windy, windy day with rain forecast here in Minnesota. Starting with God Help the Child

message 7: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 29 comments Today’s weather will be perfect for curling up with a blanket and a book. We have thunderstorms in the forecast.

message 8: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments My first meal; Mean Green Smoothie from Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year and 7 grain sprouted toast with PB and chia seeds.

message 9: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments Finished my first book God Help the Child by Toni Morrison. Totally was not planning to read this but it was a short audio that has been on the wishlist at overdrive for awhile. Was perfect for today.

Colona Public Library (colonapubliclibrary) | 197 comments Happy Reading! ~Ashley

message 11: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 25 comments I finished two audio books and made significant progress in my book.
God Help the Child by Toni Morrison
A quick read from overdrive, was a nice way to get some success right away. I enjoyed it. But probably not the author's best book.

The Souls of Black Folk by W. E. B. Du Bois
A free book from the summer audioSync program. Written by a sociologist and examining the sociological and political effects on blacks after the end of slavery. The summer program is a YA program. It was good and I will read it again when it fits some need in my reading.

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood , this is Reading 1001 BOTM for October and I am really enjoying it. It was a pleasure to read guiltlessy for long stretches. It is also a buddy read at Litsy. #blindassassinbuddyread. Fun to have read it with others.

A successful readathon for me. I look forward to April.