Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

18 views
Page Numbering Requests > please add page number for Speed Dating

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new)

Serena Yates (serenayates) | 2 comments Could you please add the page number to this book I recently read:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

It is 45 for the ebook/PDF edition

Thank you!


message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 19, 2017 07:05AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Serena wrote: "Could you please add the page number to this book I recently read:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

It is 45 for the ebook/PDF edition

Thank you!"




Page counts for ebook/Kindle editions are only taken from the publisher (ebooks) and Amazon (Kindle); page count can vary from reader to reader depending on what device is being used, device settings and format. These are the only formats for which book in hand does not trump other sources.

Unfortunately, the publisher does not include a page count in their listing- http://www.evernightpublishing.com/sp....


message 3: by Serena (new)

Serena Yates (serenayates) | 2 comments Cassandra wrote: "Page counts for ebook/Kindle editions are only taken from the publisher (ebooks) and Amazon (Kindle); page count can vary from reader to reader depending on what device is being used, device settings and format. These are the only formats for which book in hand does not trump other sources.

Unfortunately, the publisher does not include a page count in their listing- http://www.evernightpublishing.com/sp.... !"


Serena Yates
That policy makes no sense. PDF versions of eBooks have the same page count on whatever device you read them - PC, Mac, iPad or your phone. Check it yourself if you do not believe me. All other formats repaginate, but NOT PDFs!!!


message 4: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 20, 2017 06:28AM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Serena wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Page counts for ebook/Kindle editions are only taken from the publisher (ebooks) and Amazon (Kindle); page count can vary from reader to reader depending on what device is being u..."

It's not that I don't believe you, it's a matter of Goodreads policy. Librarians are volunteers and must follow GR rules, we don't make them.


message 5: by Serena (new)

Serena Yates (serenayates) | 2 comments Cassandra wrote: "Serena wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Page counts for ebook/Kindle editions are only taken from the publisher (ebooks) and Amazon (Kindle); page count can vary from reader to reader depending on what de..."

Yeah, well, maybe it would make sense to let them know this is nonsense... the whole reading chalIenge (partly based on page numbers) is invalid if all PDF copies are without page numbers, just saying.

I know they don't listen to authors, maybe they will listen to librarians!


message 6: by Cassandra (last edited Oct 20, 2017 01:59PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Serena wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Serena wrote: "Cassandra wrote: "Page counts for ebook/Kindle editions are only taken from the publisher (ebooks) and Amazon (Kindle); page count can vary from reader to reader de..."

All editions aren't without page numbers; they can be added if the publisher provides them.

You're welcome to post in the feedback group- https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/....


back to top