Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > links to other authors in back of book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seth (new)

Seth Creamer | 2 comments I've noticed a trend in some of the self-published books I've read. In the back matter instead of just blurbs and links to other books from the same author, I've seen a couple listing works in a similar genre from other authors. This isn't new, old school pulp paperbacks from the same publisher used to do the same, but I haven't really seen it in indie publishing until now. I think it's an amazing idea and I want in. Does anyone know where I should go to try and find other self published urban fantasy writers I could try to trade blurbs and links with? Obviously it would only be helpful if the books were of similar quality, but I know they are out there. Unfortunately they suck at marketing as badly as I do so we can't find one another.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) I add links, but I don't do reciprocals. My beta readers are usually other authors, so I link their profiles when I mention their help.

I've actually just designed an ad for my paperbacks that mimics the style of the ads from the old genre publishers(including a coupon). My plan is to include ads for other authors like that as well,but again, it would have to be for authors whose books I'm familiar with. The biggest issue with doing more than linking names in the e-book is that there are restrictions on linking out to sales pages.

message 3: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4334 comments Mod
I plan on linking to a few authors in my epic novel when it's finished a couple decades from now, because these brave souls waded through a heavy early version of the book. That in and of itself needs to be rewarded with a shout out. I don't want one in return.