Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Want to keep title of my story - but will be doing massive rewrite

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Lennox I am in need of some advice - I am planning on doing a major overhaul of my series, but I was hoping to keep the name of my books the same. Would it be better to just rename the books and publish them as new books or update the current titles but call them a second edition? Again, I ask because this will be a major overhaul to the point of it being a brand new book, not just a few edits. (I'm asking this not only in terms of Goodreads book managing, but also as a question of what to do about people who have already read the first edition. Which would be easier for them?) Thank you!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41702 comments Mod
In either case, the editions would be combined on Goodreads.

As far as what readers would prefer, this group is not really the right place to do that sort of research. You might try one of these groups instead: https://www.goodreads.com/group/searc...

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane Lennox Thank you!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael A. Smith | 9 comments My suggestion as an author, Is just that label it second edition inside and out your readers will know your work and maybe add revised in your manuscript just under your title

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments My suggestion as a reader is to be very transparent with your audience, add a subtitle, etc to your new book name (as you say this is a new book) and have a completely new cover that clearly states the rewrite.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41702 comments Mod
As I mentioned, this sort of discussion is outside the scope of this group.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.