Mystery Madness discussion

The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #1)
This topic is about The Diva Runs Out of Thyme
#Book1CoziesClub > BotM 11/2017 - The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Di (disis19) | 680 comments Mod
Wanted something a little festive for November and saw this took place during Thanksgiving! This will be our discussion thread for this book. Please be sure to hide your spoilers if there is something that you would like to discuss. The best way to do this is to note what chapter you're on, then hide any spoilery parts. If you do post your review on your favorite social media site, please tag it with #Book1CoziesClub so we can find it. Also, please feel free to link your review here!

message 2: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Started this one today on audiobook during my lunch break. Borrowing it through Hoopla Digital but I also borrowed a copy of the paperback from my library. So far I'm enjoying it but the narrator isn't spectacular. She's not terrible either though. The narration is just very laid back as opposed to others I've listened to recently. I've got it on 1.5x speed but it still comes across slow to me.

I see where the Thyme comes into the story already. Anyone else start this one?

message 3: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm enjoying this one so far. I do have a suspect in mind, but I'm actually hoping it's someone else. I know it probably isn't the person I want it to be though.

message 4: by Jear The Book (new)

Jear The Book Awesome!

message 5: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished this one. Man, it's been a while since I finished a cozy mystery! This one was ok. I didn't enjoy the heavy focus on a character trying to lead us to believe that person was involved in the goings on. I did have a laugh out loud moment too. I listened to a majority of this on audiobook through Hoopla and thought the narrator was ok, enough that I will continue to listen to subsequent books in this series at least partially on audio in the future.

Ashley (ashielizz) | 0 comments I just started this one a couple of days ago. The body has just been discovered.

message 7: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley wrote: "I just started this one a couple of days ago. The body has just been discovered."

Awesome! Please let us know how you like it as you progress ^-^

Ashley (ashielizz) | 0 comments Sophie sure is finding herself at the wrong place at the wrong time!

message 9: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley wrote: "Sophie sure is finding herself at the wrong place at the wrong time!"

That was my thought too! I kept thinking her luck is just like mine - bad LOL

Ashley (ashielizz) | 0 comments Finally finished this one. Boy was I thrown for a loop! I was totally suspecting (view spoiler). Krista Davis really knew how to spin this web.

message 11: by Di (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ashley wrote: "Finally finished this one. Boy was I thrown for a loop! I was totally suspecting [spoilers removed]. Krista Davis really knew how to spin this web."

I know I stated this in my previous post after I finished reading this one, but I thought it was way too obvious she wanted us to suspect someone (at least I felt like she was pushing us in one direction). I wanted it to be the second person you thought of, but figured that would be too obvious. I disliked them as a character to boot and LOLd with the results of the fire investigation. I definitely was surprised with the final reveal.