Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Self-Promotion > author/reader interaction

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments I would like to share a fun site with those who would enjoy tossing ideas about books around with a published author. https://allaboutromance.com/readers-c...

This is a site where readers can share their ideas with an author about new stories. I have done this once and have had a wonderful time.

message 2: by Chessela (new)

Chessela Helm | 43 comments Just to clarify, the All About Romance link is an explanation of the project Readers Create. There is a group on Goodreads for readers and writers of all genres to interact https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... and there is also a facebook page for the romance genre specifically: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15288...
I'll be starting a story to model the process as soon as we get a few more people to join.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments Anybody who isn't sure their ideas are worth sharing, all ideas are welcome. Even if an idea isn't used, it can lead to some great discussions.

message 4: by hIpnoticraQs (new)

hIpnoticraQs (raqnbelly) | 47 comments Is this a place for non-writers and writers to collaborate and write a new book together -or- a place for authors who are all out of ideas to get some from other people?

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments hIpnoticraQs wrote: "Is this a place for non-writers and writers to collaborate and write a new book together -or- a place for authors who are all out of ideas to get some from other people?"

The former. The way it worked with me was I mentioned to an author that I would like to read a particular type of story. We started shooting ideas back and forth. She is now working on that book. It was fun, especially since I have read her books before and enjoyed them. She is a very open minded author. She is willing and able to look at the world from many different perspectives, which makes her work unique.

I believe anybody who give this process a try will have a great time.

message 6: by Kimbra (new)

Kimbra Swain | 10 comments As an author, I love this idea! My readers have such great ideas, and they love to see them materialize in a book.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments Kimbra wrote: "As an author, I love this idea! My readers have such great ideas, and they love to see them materialize in a book."

Welcome Kimbra. It's great to have another author here. I'd love to get some names of books that you've written. I have found several new authors that way here. We had tried to het a discussion started here with authors throwing out a theme and readers throwing out ideas. If you are interested feel free to start a "book build". I would be more than happy to contribute.

message 8: by Kimbra (new)

Kimbra Swain | 10 comments My books are listed in my author profile. I don't want to break any rules in the forum by promoting myself. I specifically am looking for anecdotes from regular life that are funny, that can be adapted into a book. My current series has a lot of humor, and I get inspiration from my small beta group, my co-workers and believe it or not the local news. But sometimes readers just come to me with cute stories or ideas. I love to hear them all, even if I don't use them. If we started a book build thread, where would be a good place to do it? I have a head full of ideas, but I love to incorporate reader ideas and even use their names in books.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 386 comments Kimbra wrote: "My books are listed in my author profile. I don't want to break any rules in the forum by promoting myself. I specifically am looking for anecdotes from regular life that are funny, that can be ada..."

Some of my favorite books use the relationship between a character and his/her pet for comic relief. I am an animal lover, so of course I really enjoy those relationships.

message 10: by S.T. (new)

S.T. Sanchez | 5 comments TODAY ONLY I am offering my PNR Vampire Novel FREE on Amazon. It's always Free on Kindle Unlimited.
Reviews appreciated but not required.
Catch up on book 1 of my exciting Vampire Trilogy before book 2 Nightwalker is released in May
myBook.to/sunwalkertrilogy

Award Winning Author Carole P. Roman said “Imaginative book about a natural-born vampire. All it took was for both parents to have a gene mutation in common, and daughter Lilly was born a a vampire. Her uncle wanted her destroyed, but her mother fiercely protects and saves her daughter's life. Lilly is a charming girl, popular and full of fun. When her best- friend is nearly killed by another vampire, Lilly saves her friend and charms Tread, another Sunwalker. An unexpected betrayal sends her deep into the vampire's world where the book takes a shocking twist. Entertaining and fun, ST Sanchez has written an enjoyable story for vampire lovers.”