Outlander Series discussion

Outlander on Starz S3 > E12 - The Bakra

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments Air Date - December 3, 2017
Directed by - Charlotte Brandström
Written by - Luke Schelhaas

message 2: by Diane (last edited Dec 03, 2017 02:03PM) (new)

Diane | 1359 comments We are ready for discussion - I just want to say that the non verbal acting was fantastic in this episode! The way LJG looked at Jamie with such longing. The way Claire looked at them both in that moment. Most of all the looks on Young Ian's face when he was with Geillis! At the same time he was Disgusted & intrigued - Scared & arroused. There didn't need to be words ( I think I had the same looks on my face) I can't believe this season is almost over :(

message 3: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Coull | 2 comments *SPOILERS*

I was SHOCKED!! Geillis!! She is constantly just coming back!! (i haven’t read Voyager yet still on dragonfly in amber)

Claire and Jamie are always getting separated!! Its so annoying like i want them to be together and live happily ever after but Diana is so good with her plots😭😭

Just love Outlander so much

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments If Jamie and Claire were to just live happily ever after there would be no more story :) Keep with the series there are a lot of those happily ever after moments before something new pops into their lives.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary Joseph-Alvarado | 195 comments Life is not a matter of happily ever after...it is a matter of happy and sad moments shared with those we love. This is the truth behind Jamie and Claire...they share the good and the bad together....and solve their problems together. The 20 years apart taught them that regardless of what happens they are stronger and better together than apart.

message 6: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Coull | 2 comments Very Very True

I’m trying to catch up for the next season. I currently bought all of the books including the John Grey Series 😌

I cant wait for the last episode though!!

message 7: by Beth_A (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments Jamie wasn't arrested in the book, only taken in for questioning regarding the murder of one of the guests at the ball. The show threw that in for the drama, I guess. In the book, Geilles was very broken down and heavy when they met her in Jamaica, but here she looked more beautiful than ever. I liked the depiction of Rose Hall and Temeraire was a standout character and actor. Good luck to Temeraire. I'm rereading the books--am on TFC--and it seems that TV Claire has a haughtiness that isn't part of her nature in the books.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments They needed a reason for Claire to go to Rose Hill & talk to Geilles alone. I see LJG's assistance somehow to get Jamie released, obvious in preview that he is. I thought with all that needed to be covered, was in this episode and liked Yin Tien Cho's attractiveness to Margaret. Loved what Jamie said to Claire on the way into the ball and the 'eye sex', didn't need words that were in the script/book. I think Jamie was a little taken aback and embarrassed at the obvious attraction LJG still felt for him. Claire broke that tension and was a bit jealous but knows Jamie would never have entertained that kind of relationship for several reasons. This gets explained in the book and later on at Fraser's Ridge.
Looking forward to finale and how they end it compared to book. Hope to see scene in intro with Jamie wiping Claire's lip and another scene in a preview of them kissing on the bed, we need one more like that before the droughtlander.
Am 3/4 done with An Echo in the Bone but went back to my rereading all the books for the 3rd time, I think, and am on FC as well. [Spoiler: Love the scene in that one where Jamie sees his sperm in the microscope!] Very funny and hope that will be in the show WHEN they do season 5!

message 9: by Beth_A (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments I'm on FC also! I am rereading the series for the second time. I am nearing the end of FC so checked out ABOSAA from the library. I forgot it was another 1400 page book! Well, I'll plow through it. I know some readers are critical of FC, but I think it highlights Claire's resourcefulness in gathering and preserving food for the winter and healing patients using 18th century supplies. The fine detail highlights DG's scientific background.

message 10: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Beth_A wrote: "I'm on FC also! I am rereading the series for the second time. I am nearing the end of FC so checked out ABOSAA from the library. I forgot it was another 1400 page book! Well, I'll plow through it...."

There are so many book scenes going forward that I really want to see make it into the show, especially from Drums of Autumn. I think my all time favorite funny scene involves a certain snake...

message 11: by Jujubee (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 17 comments Tayla wrote: "Very Very True

I’m trying to catch up for the next season. I currently bought all of the books including the John Grey Series 😌

I cant wait for the last episode though!!"

I've been reading the LJG books over the last few months. Really have grown to like the stories and how LJG develops as a person. He matures quite a bit since Ardsmuir Prison, IMHO.
DB recommends reading his books between Voyager and DOA.
I have the The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey, #3) by Diana Gabaldon and two novellas in his series left to savor for the next Droughtlander LOL
Enjoy~

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments I do like FC but thought beginning was lengthy, once thru that it picked up and kept my attention. I loved ABOSAA, up there w/first book & Voyager for me. WHEN that is filmed, hope it is 2 seasons or at least min 10 eps in fall continuing in spring w/10 more. That snake incident in DOA would be great, hope it is included.

I want more tender moments w/C & J as in book and hope something will be in the finale... i.e. "Jamie, you aren't alone anymore." "Bone of my bone." His whisper was deep and husky, "I give ye my spirit," he said. " 'Til our life shall be done, but it isn't done yet, Jamie, is it?" Then he rose and took the shift from me and I lay back on the narrow bed naked, pulled him down to me through the soft yellow light, and took him home, and home, and home again, and we were neither one of us alone.
Sigh!! At least an abbreviated version please!😀

message 13: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments I think everyone who complains about the gathering at the start of Fiery Cross will like it more once Matt Roberts is through masterfully adapting it into one or two episodes of television. I personally am actually quite fond of that section in the books. I do wonder what they will call the episode(s) as there was already a season 1 episode titled "The Gathering".

message 14: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments Yeah I bet they cut that down quite a bit. I enjoyed that part though and since I read the books back to back obsessively, I neded a break from the break neck action with the everyday living that they encountered. I cant believe season 3 is almost over- anyone hear how long before season 4?

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori Siska | 15 comments I look forward to that as well as I am a wedding officiant who specializes in handfastings and I was so thrilled that it made it into one of her books. I was actually able to tell her that too at one of her book signings.

message 16: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Diane wrote: "Yeah I bet they cut that down quite a bit. I enjoyed that part though and since I read the books back to back obsessively, I neded a break from the break neck action with the everyday living that t..."

I believe that the model for this year is a permanent one, with each new season starting in September. They said that seasons 2 and 3 took longer to film because of the number of locations used. However, filming for seasons 4 and on will be easier because there will be standing sets built for a lot of the locations which will be used for years to come.