Outlander on Starz S3 > E11 - Uncharted

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments Air Date - November 26, 2017
Directed by - Charlotte Brandström
Written by - Karen Campbell & Shannon Goss

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments no discussion of last nights episode?

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (shooten) | 26 comments It brought a tear to my eye when Jamie gave Fergus his last name. The interaction between Claire and Marsali was wonderful. You can see that they're going to be great together in the upcoming seasons. (notice the hopeful "seasons" plural in that sentence)

Even though it was different from the book I love the playful ending with Jamie and Claire. Only 2 episodes left and that really brings tears to my eyes!!!

message 4: by Lorinda (new)

Lorinda Cockrell (rindalovestoread) | 54 comments The episode was absolutely fabulous! The writers took this story and allowed us to see the most important parts of this chapter. I laughed, yelled at the screen and enjoyed the flow of the episode. Jamie and Claire have found their groove again, they are flowing and working together as a team. Can't wait until next weeks episode!!

message 5: by Beth_A (last edited Nov 27, 2017 05:24PM) (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments The thing that bothered me about Jamie and Claire, though, is that when he said "I love you", she didn't say "I love you too". I haven't heard her say that since she came back. I thought the Claire surviving in the tropics scene went on a bit long, and I missed the rain deluge from the book, as well as Lawrence Stern. I thought at first they were going to play Father Fogden as "normal", so I was glad when he started talking to Coco. His Caribbean house was exactly as I pictured it. The wedding scene was a delight, played very close to the book. There is a lot of ground to cover in the next two episodes.

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments I am going to have to watch this episode again. It didn't grab me like others have and I am not really sure what I'd say about it. It makes me think I was a bit distracted while watching. I can't believe there are only two episodes left. I hope the next season is not too long of a wait.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments I thought the first part of Claire surviving was a bit long the 1st time watching, however, the 2nd time and on (no, I won't say how many times I have watch so far!) it didn't seem that long. I think I was too anxious the 1st time to see J & C reunite, (which was wonderful) and the turtle soup scene. They sure had fun filming that whole scene! Loved the wedding too, the looks between J & C during ceremony, touching when J gave Fergus the Fraser name, & F. Fogden blessing J & C's marriage as well was a nice touch.
Maybe they wanted to show C's survival skills learned from Uncle Lamb while growing up and what she learned living rough with Jamie? Those skills will come in handy later in the books.
In the introduction song, a scene with J wiping C's lips with a cloth has not happened yet and another preview earlier of them on a bed kissing hasn't happened yet either so looking forward to the last 2 eps. [Spoiler] Hoping it ends as in book & not so heart wrenching as the end of S2.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments To Beth_A, I was waiting for Claire to reciprocate the "I love you" as well and would've been welcome to Jamie. In the books, she explains why she doesn't feel the need to say affectionate things as that wasn't how she was brought up. She did let Jamie know she loved him in Doldrums when she found him with the needles in his face that coming back has been confusing and frustrating and doesn't mean she did not love him. He does know that she loves him as coming back 200 years to be with him says that. It is still nice to hear once in awhile. I forget which book but she asks Jamie if he would like to hear that more often and he says no, he doesn't want it to become just a habit so when they say I love you, it's meaning has not been diminished--I paraphrase alot here but that is the meaning.

message 9: by Beth_A (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments I'm rereading The Fiery Cross and she tells Jamie she loves him after he offers her his whisky flask because she's had a trying day (it's The Gathering day which lasts 240 pages ;). In MOBY she says she loves him for an action he took with her bed pan. And in Drums of Autumn she tells him that she loves him and Brianna both. In the show she hadn't committed to staying after they found Ian, although that wavering wasn't an issue in the book. That's why I'm finding Claire a wee bit selfish in the show. It's Jamie's life that was disrupted as he wasn't expecting her. She's staying put now, obviously. I'm not that happy with the portrayal of Jamie and Claire's characters in the show, but am pleasantly surprised with some of the secondary characters that pop up, such as Elias and Annekje from the previous episode.

message 10: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (tribalrose) | 57 comments I've watched this ep, a couple of times now, it was interesting to see what they decided to include & omit.
I'm still in awe that this book series has finally made it to the screen!
I love it.

I'd have to agree about the missing 'Laurence Stern'. Doesn't he make an re-appearance down the line? Though, I could be recalling it incorrectly.

The 'lost in jungle' & Father Fogden's place took 35 mins. Personally, it did feel a little too long, considering the amount of material they still need to get through.
My husband (who hasn't read this far into the series,) even said it was way too long & drawn out.
He also didn't understand why they didn't show some of the mega storm that they apparently encounter.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments The storm was the strange part because it is what caused the Porpoise to get stuck on the island for repairs. What would you have left out of 'lost in jungle' & Father Fogden's place to make it shorter?

message 12: by Nadia (new)

Nadia (tribalrose) | 57 comments So I've watched it again .. I'm not even sure how you'd cut shorter those 10 mins she is lost through the jungle. Maybe more 'voice over', explaining the experience? I would have like to see some hint of a tropical storm. Apart from the visual spectacular, it would have made more sense to the 'non- book' watches.
Father Fogdens plays out pretty close to the book (but missing the L. Stern story line.)
I did love Mamacita, she was brilliant & just like I'd imagined!