Terry Books Lovers discussion

Book > Re-read?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments Would anyone be interested in doing a re-read with me? I've been thinking of doing one, starting with First King of Shannara, and I thought I'd offer in case some of you wish to join me.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

M

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma I'd love to! I found this group as I wanted to start to re-read this incredible series, and discuss it with others.
I'm not the quickest of readers but one a month will be just the speed for me.
Count me in 😁

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments Yay! I had almost given up hope that any would wish to join me. I’m so glad you’ve come.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments Emma wrote: "I'd love to! I found this group as I wanted to start to re-read this incredible series, and discuss it with others.
I'm not the quickest of readers but one a month will be just the speed for me.
Co..."

How do you want to do it? Should we just do a blanket post and update it as we read? Or do we want to do it on a chapter basis. Keep in mind that there are 34 chapters in this book, which would lead to a lot of threads.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma I think a blanket post would be great and then we can talk about it as we go along. Are you watching the series? I think it's pretty good if not entirely faithful....

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments Emma wrote: "I think a blanket post would be great and then we can talk about it as we go along. Are you watching the series? I think it's pretty good if not entirely faithful...."

I tried watching it for Terry’s sake, but I wasn’t a fan of the changes they’d made to the series and the characters. I mean to get back into it at some point, but I don’t know what they point shall be.

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma I know, but it's lovely escapism. I'm going to start first king tonight. Talk to tmrw - excited!!!