The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Book of Swords
This topic is about The Book of Swords
Anthologies > BoS: The Book of Swords: General Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments New Anthology by Gardner R. Dozois in the same vein as Dangerous Women and Rogues. Will be creating threads for each of the stories if anyone would like to jump in and discuss.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
My hold actually came in much sooner than I expected, so I'll probably start tomorrow.

message 3: by Bill (last edited Oct 14, 2017 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Awesome. Just making threads now.

Edit: Threads done. Think this was the longest it has ever taken me to make threads. There seems to be a major disconnect between my brain and fingers today.

Bill | 1596 comments Sorry been sick so kind of stalled on this one. Might pick it up in audio so I can get back into it.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Feel better. I've really enjoyed this collection I just have the Martin story left.

Bill | 1596 comments Thanks Rob. My library loan ran out so I bought the audiobook. Just returned it because instead of breaking the book up by story there are over 200 chapters in the table of contents. Going to wait for it from the library again before continuing. Sucks as I liked all the stories but one so far.

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ouch. Yeah, no way I'd do that either. When I get review copies of audio books they are often like that. I spend a few hours making them into 1 file/chapter. It's a pain, but worth the effort imho.

Bill | 1596 comments It’s really disappointing because it just seems like they were lazy putting it together. I wouldn’t have minded if they at least marked where the stories started but was pretty much impossible to locate where I had left off.