What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > Fiction Book about traveling to another dimension/time

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have read many a Terry Brooks' books. I went into the library many years ago and they were out of any new books of his. The librarian gave me another book by an author she said wrote like Mr. Brooks. Would love to read again but do not know the author or name of the book. It was about these scientists, I believe, that went to this mansion, and set in these seats they called "Cradles" and it took them to a different dimension. Hope someone can help, because I really want to read again.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Laura, around what year did you read this book?

Is this science fiction for young adults (teens) or older adults?

Please add plot details and genre to your topic header using the edit link on the desktop (not mobile) website. Someone is more likely to recognize your book. Just ask if you'd like help with this.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 17, 2017 10:03AM) (new)

I read the book probably way back in the 80's early 90's. It was a fantasy fiction.
The scientists would sit in the seats called cradles and go to another dimension where they would fight in a battle. They could come and go as they please.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Could is be "Prize Ship" by Philip K. Dick? Here's a review that mentions "cradles" - https://philipkdickreview.wordpress.c...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Prize Ship is not the book, but Thank You for helping.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2077 comments Possibly "The House Between Worlds" by Marion Zimmer Bradley (originally published in 1980) The House Between the Worlds

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

No the House Between Worlds is not the one, but Thank You.

message 8: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Maybe something by Robert Adams? He's best known for his Horseclans series, but he also wrote Castaways in Time and The Stairway to Forever. Both are the first installments in two different series about modern people traveling in time and/or between dimensions. I don't remember any other details, I'm afraid.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Will take a look Peter. Thanks for the information.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
OP's account deleted.