Page Hallucinations discussion

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
This topic is about Perfume
Perfume November 2017 > What are your thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, everyone! This is the thread to share your initial reaction to the book once you finish reading it. What did you think?

Denise C | 4 comments I found myself both wishing I could smell some of the aromas being described in the book and then being relieved I couldn’t smell some of the others . Did anyone else feel the same way ?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

One of my favorite parts of this book is how vividly you can almost smell everything, there is one scene towards the end in particular that just evokes such a strong emotional and visceral reaction. (Not the ending, but before that). I struggled with the first three pages and the word "stink/stench/etc" that got hammered in so many times, but it easily slipped you into a reading mode for your olfactory sense.
What was your favorite smell named? (Spoiler free only, please)

Denise C | 4 comments Without mentioning details it was the smell of puppy I’m not sure if it was described as warm puppy. Being a dog owner I could relate to that smell and it brought back some lovely memories for me .

Denise C | 4 comments For me it was the smell of puppy, I’m not sure if it was described as warm puppy. As a dog owner i know that smell and it brought back some lovely memories of bringing our puppy home. There were many smells described that made you want to pause and inhale .

Denise C | 4 comments Sorry I didn’t think my comment had been posted and I m not sure how to remove a comment