Play Book Tag discussion

Turtles All the Way Down
This topic is about Turtles All the Way Down
Archive: Other Books > Turtles All the Way Down - John Green 3/5

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole D. | 1495 comments For the intended audience this is probably a 4 or 5 star book. It's just not one of those John Green books like Will Grayson or the Fault in Our Stars.

Green takes on the topic of mental illness, but in a way that's really practical. Aza lives a pretty normal life and in that life she has to deal with a pretty harsh inner monologue which causes her to spend a lot of time in her own head.

I think he did this really well and I think kids suffering in this sort of way can benefit from this type of character. It was an entertaining story; quick and enjoyable but lacking that special something.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments I think I read somewhere that this book was based on his own experience with anxiety

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments Yes, he talks a lot about his own mental health issues. I wish it had a special quality, but still glad he's writing about these issues.

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8813 comments I've been waiting to see reviews on this one. :-) I'm sure I'll read it at some point, regardless of what the reviews look like.

Divia | 1 comments I'm doing some research on YA for my undergrad dissertation.
If anyone would like to answer some of my research questions about YA/Turtles All The Way Down/John Green, please message me here on GoodReads :)