Den of Geek Book Club discussion

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
This topic is about The Name of the Wind
OCT/NOV: The Name of the Wind > The Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss - Post Your Reviews!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Den of Geek (last edited Oct 18, 2017 05:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Den of Geek (denofgeek) | 82 comments Mod
The October/November book is The Name of the Wind by Pat Rothfuss!

Please feel free to post your reviews of The Name of the Wind, if you've already read it. Or, if you haven't, after you've read the book.

This discussion thread will include SPOILERS! for The Name of the Wind, but please stay away from spoilers for The Wise Man's Fear.

If you'd like to check out our review of The Name of the Wind's 10th Anniversary Edition, here it is: http://bit.ly/2grRQTv

Review away!

Danny Mcgee | 1 comments Patiently awaiting book 3. The previous 2 I read some time ago and they have blended into one. So I’ll stay light on detail in this comment just to be certain. Personally I found the book a bit slow to get going until Kvothe’s parents met their end. After that the book fairly rattled by. There’s a lot of criticism leveled at Kvothe of the Mary Sue variety. However on closer inspection what actually happens in most cases is a combination of luck and or cheating. That coupled with the fact that Kvothe is the teller of his own tale and everything gets exaggerated.